Who has the lowest sr1911 Serial number?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T1001911

Bearcat
I just picked up 670-00250 and was test fired in late December.

Does that mean I can laser engrave it with 250 out of...who the hell knows?

I just wanted to get a 1911 made in 2011 and the fact that it is the first year for a Ruger 1911 makes it kind of cool.

So we all have 1 out of 100. 1st year of production of the 100 years in production

Chef With A Gun

Bearcat
Over the last year I have learned not to believe what you read on the forums.
I can see the production going for months before the release of the gun. But this talk about Ruger building out of sequence makes no sense to me? You would think that before 670-00001 is made that all the issues would have been address before production starts.

I could see them stockpiling for months and delivering them out of sequence but making them like that is not making sense. I have seen other forums that people think that the test date is the production date of the gun. :roll: Its not! Its just the date they got it out of the stock room and shot it. From this to Ruger having barrel issues (not true) to that they were made by aliens! They keep coming! I'm a show me kind of guy. I need to see it or hear if from the horses mouth.

GPrice

Bearcat
My thoughts are that the latest release of lower serial numbers might indicate
guns that had some quality issue and were set aside for future rework. Not necessarily a bad thing. My SR1911 has worked flawlessly.

Latest posts