Who has the lowest sr1911 Serial number?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rmaranda

Bearcat
Actually bought mine on 5/28 Test fired on 5/24 with a serial# 0488X. Just doesn't make much sense on how they put them out there

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
NW Shooter said:
01224 :?:
don't know where or when that was in production.

Wasn't there a small envelope containing a fired case in the case with the gun? The envelope has the date written on it that the gun was test fired. That date is about as close as you can come.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
Got mine today (10/17/11).... 00898.... test fired 8/31/11.

I was really kinda surprised to get a 3 digit serial #. :shock: And, really surprised that the gun has been out there for 6 weeks. :?

gstan1919

Single-Sixer
Ruger Packer said:
NW Shooter said:

Wasn't there a small envelope containing a fired case in the case with the gun? The envelope has the date written on it that the gun was test fired. That date is about as close as you can come.

Not everybody gets that little envelope with the spent case.
Some states require the dealer to send it to them.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
gstan1919 said:
Ruger Packer said:
NW Shooter said:

I knew that. But its only a few... CA, MA, NJ, NY and IL, are the only ones I'm aware of.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
Ruger Packer said:
gstan1919 said:
Ruger Packer said:

I knew that. But its only a few... CA, MA, NJ, NY and IL, are the only ones I'm aware of.

I thought I heard that they put them in with all the guns now so they don't have to mess with the hassles of separating the guns by state. I know California can't have this gun for the most part. Mine had one in it and I'm not sure if it's required by Texas or not. Will have to look that one up.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
I found this on Ruger FAQ> Why does Ruger ship a fired cartridge case with every pistol and revolver?
Certain states require that all newly manufactured pistols and revolvers be accompanied by a cartridge case that has been test fired from that gun at the factory. The case must be placed in a sealed container bearing certain information concerning this test cartridge. At the time of retail sale in those jurisdictions with the requirement, firearms dealers must forward the test cartridge to a designated destination such as their State Police Laboratory. As independent Ruger Distributors have nationwide markets without territorial restrictions, we have decided to include a fired cartridge case with all new Ruger pistols and revolvers to minimize the possibility of inadvertent non-compliance with these laws. Retail customers located in states that do not require a fired cartridge case may be assured that the fired cartridge case they receive with the firearm at the time of retail purchase is proof that your new Ruger firearm has undergone our normal test firing procedures

My FFL didn't keep mine so I guess it's not required in Texas. If you get one it's not required or your FFL forgot to get it.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
With the way Ruger does their serial numbers it really doesn't matter what number you have. There's one on another post test fired 4 Oct. 2011 with serial in the 8000 range.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
The Wall said:
With the way Ruger does their serial numbers it really doesn't matter what number you have. There's one on another post test fired 4 Oct. 2011 with serial in the 8000 range.

I know. Just curiosity. I messaged with a guy on another gun forum that also has an SR1911. His serial # is 01500... date on the little envelope is 8/28/11. My serial # is 00898 and envelope is dated 8/31/11.

I kinda think Ruger stamps the serial #'s on the frames and then throws 'em all in a box and during the assembly process the assemblers grab a few frames out of the box. No attention paid to what the numbers are. Just how I imagine it being done. I could be all wrong. 8)

GPrice

Bearcat
Wife purchased my gift just before Christmas in San Antonio at LGS. Fired date -- 12/08/2011 by Nino Zepeda. Gun had pink inspection sticker. Serial number is 670-00141.