Who has the lowest sr1911 Serial number?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gstan1919

Single-Sixer
208packinheat said:
Interesting, those two were in a bunch of a dozen even that the store HAD IN THE CASE. No shortage at this LGS, and this was his second or third receipt of SR1911's, but others in town haven't seen one yet. Oh well, the old saying, get'em while they're hot, and I did. :)

Now, the problem is which one do I shoot :wink: :wink: :wink:

Shoot em both. That's what they are made for.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
Jeff Quinn said:
DSC00017.JPG
Wow! If you didn't get one with S/N under 2000, there probably aren't any. :eek:

ithaca4me

Bearcat
I guess this should put the start at 2000 myth to bed.
http://www.gunauction.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=10531575

The Wall

Single-Sixer
ithaca4me said:
I guess this should put the start at 200 myth to bed.
Yup, that should do it. Or was it they start at 1000? :lol: Just kidding!

ithaca4me said:
I guess this should put the start at 2000 myth to bed.

OR the factory has started making the subscription guns...up to serial number 2000, they have been manufacturing the guns for at least six months now...

cobalt402

Single-Sixer
I just picked up my #01940 on Sunday. I kinda like the number, it has a nice ring to it.

c4

cobalt402

Single-Sixer
NhR:

I've already put the box up and out of sight so I don't have the exact date, but the test case had a mid July date on it. If you want the actual date, I can get it for you. So what that says to me is that it if others have earlier dates on later numbered guns, then it sat under a pile of stuff, or in the repair/not ready to go out stack for a while before someone grabbed it.

c4

The Wall

Single-Sixer
cobalt402 said:
NhR:

I've already put the box up and out of sight so I don't have the exact date, but the test case had a mid July date on it. If you want the actual date, I can get it for you. So what that says to me is that it if others have earlier dates on later numbered guns, then it sat under a pile of stuff, or in the repair/not ready to go out stack for a while before someone grabbed it.

c4
"Very interesting!"
Very-Interesting.png

My guess is they started making the <02000 guns beginning in July and will work down to the subscription guns, what will be interesting is to see if there are any mods to the gun when the low serial numbered pistols are released.