Which Ruger Semi is your favorite ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rcramden

Bearcat
Since becoming a wheel gunner a while back I didn't think I'd have much interest in semi's. Then i came across a SR40C the other day. Now it's like "will the madness never end". You folks on this and other forums are no help. :) :) Ya'll are enablers. Maybe I need to find a Ruger support group forum.

But really, I love the SR40C. Shoots great, as accurate as I can shoot it. More practice. Now I've got to find the wife something compatible. I see a 9C in the future. Shoot, now more dies, brass, lead; yeehaw.

guidedfishing

Single-Sixer
That would be the SR9, its just plain fun to shoot, and fills my hand and comes up in the sweet spot lined up everytime.

shoot straight and shoot often
GF

Donaldjr1969

Blackhawk
Definitely my P90. Probably even more so now that the P90 is discontinued...

Opusnbill7 said:
Love the SR9C, but I've gotta say I'm partial to the P345. "For when you absolutely, positively, have to make someone crap their pants when it fires." ;)
That honor goes to my S&W 500. :p :lol:

Opusnbill7

Bearcat
Donaldjr1969 said:
Definitely my P90. Probably even more so now that the P90 is discontinued...

Opusnbill7 said:
Love the SR9C, but I've gotta say I'm partial to the P345. "For when you absolutely, positively, have to make someone crap their pants when it fires." ;)
That honor goes to my S&W 500. :p :lol:

I can't argue with that statement... :D

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
I commented back in May that my SR1911 was my favorite but I added a P345 recently so now it is a tie between the two Ruger 45's.

Mike J

Hunter
The only one I own is a .40 caliber P94 so I guess that would have to be it.

Sal1950

Blackhawk
Are 22s acceptable, this isn't the rimfire forum?
If so its pretty hard to pick between my stable of Marks but I guess if I have to pick a winner it's my 22/45RP 5.5".
Since I finished it's action job it's just the sweetest shooting gun I own.
If it has to be centerfire, that's easier. My SP9c. I've had more than one Block shooter try it out and say "holy crap, what did you do to this thing. I'll never tell them unliess they dump the Block and get a SR. LOL
Sal

velo99

Bearcat
My trusty P 89.
I ordered Hogue grips for it. My hands are huge so even a mid size compact doesn't enthuse me. My brother has a mid size G lock and I find the 89 more to my liking. It's a bit big for ccw but I make it work with an DeSanti IWB carried in back. The Hogues should help me out. I never had any real accuracy issues, I just want to drive nails from 15.
Anyone know where to get extended barrels ?

leejack

Single-Sixer
I had a KP-90 that I liked allot, so I'll cast my vote for that.

I'm currently thinking about getting a P95, just because. 8)

Lee

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
Well old thread but I'll chime in.
Take the most reliable pistol Ruger made, an 89, shrink it down some and you got a P93DC.
There you go.
No sense messing with anything else.
They don't limp wrist, they don't jam, its indestructible.
Oh they tried, they made a P95 out of plastic. And the trigger SUCKS on all three I have owned.
Then the corporate gurus decided to get in the striker business.
Sorry, I already own a G19. Why reinvent the wheel. The plastic striker business was solved with the Glock 19.
Hate to be a glock flyboy, by my God, it has the perfect trigger, finish, size, what else do ya want?
So given all those variables a p93DC is the height of Ruger's wisdom in semi autos.

sargents1

Single-Sixer
Right now This is my favorite Ruger Semi Auto.

I just whooped butt in an IDPA shoot at the local range against some folks with much fancier (and more $$$) guns. This thing rattles like a tin pail full of rocks, but it shoots straight and it never hic-ups. No BS, this thing runs.

Our local club does IDPA every last Sunday of the month. Pay 5$ for your first run thru the course. Pay an additional dollar every run after that. All the additional dollars go into a pot and whoever has the best score thru the course for the day goes home with the pot. I won almost 50$ a few months back. Today I had to leave the range before the match was over, but I had the best time by about 10sec when I left...So I am pretty sure no one topped that. If I can keep this up, my P85 will have paid for itself. You can't beat that.

There are many like it, but this one is mine.

RugerP85MKII.jpg