Ruger Flagship Semi Auto.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Then Ruger doesn't have one. I like my P95DC just fine. No need to get something newer.
My point is that nobody really has one. Sig is really close with the 365. The Ruger Max9 mag would be a perfect configuration as well. It's a single stack at the top so a module should be able to work with either single or double stack mags depending on the grip frame selected. I would think having a few configurable modules would simplify the manufacturing process. Mags as well. If they bumped the slide travel potential by .10 or so it could also handle .380-45acp. I think by going back to hammers Ruger would be going back to what it does well and I believe a significant part of the market prefers them. Ruger has already demonstrated that they can do SA, DAO, SA/DA and even that semi cocked DA for lack of a better description. Rugers ad campaign could be Real Guns have Hammers and have everything from Vaqueros and the whole SA revolver line, The Super Redhawk hopefully brought into this Century and the whole SA/DA Revolver line and the Micro to extended compensated completely modular Lego semi auto line. We are in a WHOLE NEW CENTURY for crying out loud. Lead, Follow or Die under everyone else's Wheels!

Last edited:
Unsure but I know I don't own a single pistol with a light, laser, or an added optic nor will I so there are some variables out there.
That's your choice. I know for an absolute fact that I am multiple times faster and more accurate with them. I recently discovered that I evidently have an astigmatism. I still see better than 20-20 and have no obvious symptoms. I maintain my regularly fired guns so I never really noticed the change until I fired a few fixed sight handguns and realized that they all shoot high and left now from a full screw adjusted rest and what appears to me to be a perfect sight picture. Center Mass would be lower right clavicle at 25yds. My 1/4-1/2 second first round from low ready and .12-.2 splits at 40yds with a pocket pistol speaks for itself. My ability to maintain under 6" offhand at 25yds again is just too much of an advantage to give up since it's available to me. If I want a challenge I'll break out a Flintlock.

I'm pretty sure this will be my end all concealed carry gun once milled for an optic!!! CZ 2075 RAMI. Similar to my Max9 in size, DA/SA, Decocker, Full length rails. It could be lighter but other than that.
Screenshot_20230819-112507~2.png

Stantheman1986

Single-Sixer
20230722_180211.jpg

I've pretty much decided to make the Model 60 I bought years ago my "do all " carry gun , it's way more packable than my SP , I can IWB it in a pair of gym shorts or use my Triple K OWB if I'm wearing a belt

What's worked for 100 years still works now

I load it with the old 158 gr LRN too, why mess with success

This is my 50 shot qualifier for my DC Carry Permit. The 8&9's were sub 1/2 second low ready singles. I was frightening the other Shooters so they asked me to slow down. I took about a second for the rest. I did the 10 seconds 40yd drill in 3.8 seconds with my EDC pocket pistol.

Attachments

• IMG_20221129_194433896.jpg
    IMG_20221129_194433896.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20230813_174916150_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230813_174916150_HDR.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 63
View attachment 28112

I've pretty much decided to make the Model 60 I bought years ago my "do all " carry gun , it's way more packable than my SP , I can IWB it in a pair of gym shorts or use my Triple K OWB if I'm wearing a belt

Would you like to run a 25yd dueling tree against my pocket pistol?

GasGuzzler

Hunter

Yep. I had a Rossi knock off just like it (without the Tyler-T). I did a trigger job on it and the DA was silky smooth around 8 lbs. It had five 180 grain .38s in it when someone took a five finger discount. It was a family unit passed to me. Now it's probably in Mexico with the numbers ground off or in the bottom of the Red River.

Yes

Let me use Safariland speedloaders unless that gives me an unfair advantage
I'm going to try and make the October gathering this year. Last year was the same weekend as my Anniversary. I'm not trying to find another Wife after 40 years. I usually do trees with 1 second per round to prevent sandbagging. That way it works with any round count.

What I am getting from these threads is that most are happy with their Jon Boat and have no use for a Flagship. Man's got to know his limitations I guess.

Stantheman1986

Single-Sixer
Yep. I had a Rossi knock off just like it (without the Tyler-T). I did a trigger job on it and the DA was silky smooth around 8 lbs. It had five 180 grain .38s in it when someone took a five finger discount. It was a family unit passed to me. Now it's probably in Mexico with the numbers ground off or in the bottom of the Red River.
I actually had an older Taurus 85 that was just fine , but gun snobbery got to me and I probably traded it for 100 bucks toward a Blackhawk or something

Also had an old Taurus 82 from back when they were basically a clone of a S&W Model 10 that was probably actually superior to a S&W that I sold off

The old Brazilian .38s were actually really cool guns, I can't bring myself to get them off GunBroker but if I saw another old line-fluted Taurus at a gun show for cheap I'd probably get it for nostalgia

Stantheman1986

Single-Sixer
What I am getting from these threads is that most are happy with their Jon Boat and have no use for a Flagship. Man's got to know his limitations I guess.
People our age don't like change and young people want to be Tactical

I met a guy, an old guy, about 10 years ago that was carrying a Colt 1849 .31 Pocket . A real one. He said he got it from his grandpa. He was like 90something. I don't know if he just kept carrying it just because or he was cheap, he showed me this thing and he was really proud of it, loaded and capped with 5 balls in it and he says he kept the loads fresh by shooting it and reloading it with 0 Buck balls once per year. I thought it was odd but I was carrying an SP101 with no reload so 5 shots is 5 shots I guess. He's probably long gone unless he's 105 now and the gun hopefully is with his family or it got hocked. He probably figured it still worked why switch up.

hittman

Staff member
Heck, I even had a few Astra revolvers back in the day. And a few Taurus too.
To me they were a stepping stone up to Ruger or S&W.
Not a thing wrong with most of them (except 1 Taurus in that goofy 17 caliber) but my wants evolved.

I met a guy, an old guy, about 10 years ago that was carrying a Colt 1849 .31 Pocket . A real one. He said he got it from his grandpa. He was like 90something. I don't know if he just kept carrying it just because or he was cheap, he showed me this thing and he was really proud of it, loaded and capped with 5 balls in it and he says he kept the loads fresh by shooting it and reloading it with 0 Buck balls once per year. I thought it was odd but I was carrying an SP101 with no reload so 5 shots is 5 shots I guess. He's probably long gone unless he's 105 now and the gun hopefully is with his family or it got hocked. He probably figured it still worked why switch up.
The older I get the more I look for ways to keep up. I'm all about getting the absolute maximum performance from my equipment. What I could accomplish 30 years ago and what I am doing now are multiple levels different. I just reinspired myself to see if I can push light Lehigh's 3,000+fps accurately from my 40 year old Dan Wesson. There's a reason that average and mediocre are synonymous. Now I have to figure out a cut and twist rate for the next batch of barrels.

A lead ball traveling 800fps won't penetrate a decent jacket much less a Jacket, shirt, t shirt and still reach vitals much less impart enough shock to shut a person down. I'm sure he took comfort in it and the connection with his Grandfather but effectively a 22 long would be as good. The older I get the more work I need the bullet to do. When I was younger the bullet would only need to distract them enough for me to disarm them since I was large and semi equipped for aggressive people. Now I'm not going to outrun/chase down anyone. If a burly young guy is coming at me with a knife or baseball bat I need it to make them stop. Thanks to things like lasers and dots I could comfortably wing them a time or 2 before going center mass. As I've said before my greatest fear and reason for carrying is to protect my Grandchildren. If someone grabs them and starts running I need to be able to make the shot. Modern technology makes it almost too easy. In another 20 years my EDC will probably be something like a 357sig pocket pistol hurling solid brass bullets into 4"@ 100yds going 3,000fps that would interface with my optic correction module targeting system.

Last edited:
I have about 20 or so semi auto's. And I have alway's said this. "If the Gun Gods came down and said all I could carry is a 5 shot Snubbie, it would not bother me one bit".
I was not surprised to see Hickok45 make this choice. As he is so fond of saying "There is just something about a Snubbie"

Hickok45 The last pocketgun I would ever sell

Stantheman1986

Single-Sixer
I have about 20 or so semi auto's. And I have alway's said this. "If the Gun Gods came down and said all I could carry is a 5 shot Snubbie, it would not bother me one bit".
I was not surprised to see Hickok45 make this choice. As he is so fond of saying "There is just something about a Snubbie"

Hickok45 The last pocketgun I would ever sell

The little snubby remains popular for a reason, and Massad Ayoob loves them. He even used to recommend the Taurus 85.

For law enforcement use, obviously the current state of this country has made revolvers obsolete , because the bad guys have access to hi cap rifles and pistols
.....so a Glock 26 is considered a "holdout gun" now .

But for John Q Public going out for the day, and for home defense, a revolver is just fine. I'm just one guy, what am I gonna do with 32 rounds that I can't do with 5 or 6 and a reload? Miss more, hit more bystanders, or shoot up my own house more ?

I'm about to take my 75 year old mom and 10 year old daughter out to the mall, and I'll be carrying my S&W 60 with a speed strip in an old beeper pouch.

I feel perfectly fine , I stay in my lane ,I mind my business, and if I'm pulling that thing that means a person or persons has directly and imminently assaulted me or my family. And that's not likely to happen from 50 yards away. It will most likely be at bad breath distance

Latest posts