Which Ruger pistol to go with PC9 carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

doublesharp

Bearcat
I'm a revolver guy but the PC carbines really float my boat. I've got a Ruger p94 dao to go with my PC4 but I need a good 9mm to go with my PC9. I expect they are all good and I tried a search but got overwhelmed. Is there a consensus favorite for a 9mm that would be compatible with pc9 mags? I'd prefer compact size. Thanks. Dave

berettapistols

Blackhawk
P89 P93 P95

Be aware that some P89s made before serial # 304-70000 take a different magazine than the PC-9..
I'm looking hard at getting a PC-9 myself to go with my P-89

Might be Christmas before I get it though..
Gary

welder

Buckeye
One of my favorite range combos is my P95 and PC9. Just plain fun to shoot. Neither has ever given me anything but reliable service. I actually sold the PC9 back a year or so ago and regretted it almost instantly. Luckily the guy I sold it too let me buy it back. :D

berettapistols

Blackhawk
SIG Shooter what did you do to your PC-9??

I had to bump a thread that didn't start with SR9 or SR40..

Did you Hard Chrome the barrel & polish the reciever + magazine release OR??

Rat76

Single-Sixer
I went the more "Vintage" route;

pc25.jpg

pc24.jpg

KP91DC/PC4, P85/PC9 & lonely P90 without it's PC45 :cry:

Sig Shooter

Bearcat
I had it plated in electroless nickel, makes it a breeze to clean, plus it looks a lot nicer. I wish I could get a pistol grip on it, but not the folding-stock type.

berettapistols

Blackhawk
You Sir have a magazine Fetish..HaHa!!

You used to be able to buy a pistol grip made for an SKS that fit with the standard stocks.. It attached with an allen bolt..
I haven't seen one in a while but would bet a google search would bring one up, not sure if it would work though?
Also don't know if an AR-15s grip could be used??
Good Luck with that MOD..

Thanks for the picture..
It's making me Jones even more..
Gary

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
I have a PC9 and a PC4. I have the P94 in both 9mm and 40 cal. because I like the feel of that model so my suggestion is if you like your P94 40 cal. you might want to get it in 9mm. Now if you want something a little lighter you might try the P95. I will say one thing ya gotta love those PCs.

doublesharp

Bearcat
Thanks for the Orion tip. They have one less to sell now, about 5 left as of 10:30 this am. A few scuffs but mine is in very good condition and the Uncle Mike's sling is a bonus. None were really beat up. Salesman thought they were prison trade ins.

The handguns will always be around but I figured I'd better snag another one of these while the getting was good.

DSC03243.jpg

agentadam

Single-Sixer
Weren't there two different 9mm carbines Ruger made kinda like the 10/44 /Deerfield?

What magazines do these take?

I would have been all over one but they sold for such a short period of time I was wondering if they had a design flaw of something.

berettapistols

Blackhawk
Orion has been selling the PC-9s then..
There were only two that had no rust of the ones I looked at..
I was over in southern Indiana today but didn't want to temp myself by stopping in there..

The PC-9 takes P89 (Serial No. 304-70000 & Above), P93, P94, & P95 magazines..

You also may be thinking of the Marlin Camp 9 carbine that takes double stack 9mm S&W Magazines like the 5906/6906 etc..
Marlin also made the Camp 45 carbine that takes 1911 magazines in 45acp

I don't know of another 9mm carbine other than the PC-9 that Ruger made??
There is the PC-4 which is 40 S&W caliber

agentadam

Single-Sixer
Must have been the marlin camp carbine.

Did ruger just market these to LE or somthing? You would think ruger would reintroduce these with the new management. I wish they took SR9 mags.

Latest posts