what protects your most valuable pocessions? ( home defense)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rooger

Single-Sixer
Since I live in California, I'm severely restricted in firearms usage to protect my family. But I am allowed (for awhile anyhow) to use the 21st century version of a scarecrow on my property. I purchased a dozen mannequins from a bankrupt womans' clothing store. Using a post-hole digger, I planted them around the perimeter of my house. But to make them look the scariest, I first fitted each mannequin with a House Speaker Nancy Pelosi mask. This was six months ago and nobody has approached my house. Oh, I do miss Girl Scout cookies and pep talks from the Jehovah's Witnesses, but I feel very safe. Actually, I only worry about blind burglars who can't be scared away by Pelosi's puss.

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
Careful w/ that. Notwithstanding the loss of property value due to the Pelosi effect, it may attract unrepentant liberals... looking to enforce their 'redistributive rights'.

kd4rgwml

Single-Sixer
P6280033.jpg

Ceaser works nights :shock:

Lo-Bo

Bearcat
Since I live in California, I'm severely restricted in firearms usage to protect my family. But I am allowed (for awhile anyhow) to use the 21st century version of a scarecrow on my property. I purchased a dozen mannequins from a bankrupt womans' clothing store. Using a post-hole digger, I planted them around the perimeter of my house. But to make them look the scariest, I first fitted each mannequin with a House Speaker Nancy Pelosi mask. This was six months ago and nobody has approached my house. Oh, I do miss Girl Scout cookies and pep talks from the Jehovah's Witnesses, but I feel very safe. Actually, I only worry about blind burglars who can't be scared away by Pelosi's puss.

You win, hands down. That was some funny stuff (but probably true).

96-EJ6

Bearcat
Hopefully the labs will wake up first and handle the situation...If that doesn't work my P97 with two full mags is the first grab, followed by my Colt Peacemaker replica.

Fishslayer

Single-Sixer
Well... let's see... there are three dogs at the moment

Dingo & Fauna
2806877229_78de395f39.jpg

And foster Beauregard
100_1028_edited.jpg

If anybody gets past them I've got some other stuff... :wink:

Chief 101

Hunter
the fatman":3o4ytb6h said:
290 lbs. of ugly fat. :shock:
Well, I am only 190# and ugly so I have to live in a place where home invaders have to think twice as everybody including me is ready for 'em, and not scart of 'em. Look at my avatar pic, who wants to f---- with that dude!
Chief aka Maxx Load
icon_runforhills.gif

Quattroclick

Single-Sixer
My Wife. She once took on a robber armed with a pistol with her small briefcase. She beat the crap out of the guy, who fled.

As a backup, there is a Colt, or Smith, or Ruger, or Springfield available. They all are quite capable of ending a disagreement.

gotcha

Bearcat
Well this is the first line of defense, extremely protective of home and family(compliments of our counties finest)
1pics005.jpg

then maybe this
3914001.jpg

Nice thread
Carl

jpickar

Blackhawk
If my meopauseal wife don't kick the crap out of an intruder then my SP101 will do it! :lol: :lol:

John

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
I only have 34 loaded handguns in the house. None are locked up where they would be hard to get to. When I lay down at night I have a 40 cal glock with 16 rounds in it less than 6" from my hand and a dresser with 5 handguns on top of it. All fully loaded. 2 1911's and the rest glocks then about 10' away is a closet with the other 26 handguns in it fully loaded everything from a 500 S&W to a 25 colt auto. plus 2 dogs inside and 2 cats outside. A person would be crazy to even attempt to rob our house. Also my wife shoots almost as good as I do so there would be double trouble here.

goretro77

Bearcat
After target shooting and practicing weekly to use this proficiently under stress, I pray to never have to use this on another human being but will do so to protect my wife and kids.

_D304563.jpg

God Bless the U.S.A.

Well there are 4 shelties 25-35 lbs apiece(bark alot). That wakes up a 100 lb Kuvasz that has bitten me 15 times(he is a bit testy) backed up by the Beta Rosie O'Donnell(it ain't no Rosie O'donnel) that is a kuvasz/husky mix at 110 lbs. Then comes the Alpha Rosie O'Donnell who is ex-military and she can shoot. Since I am not home much anymore I am happy with the arrangement. It has worked well for the 2.5 years I have been traveling. With slight modifications this arrangement has worked for our 24 years of marriage.
gramps

Rclark

Hunter
A CA .44 Special Bulldog and another close at hand .45 Colt Vaquero. Loaded of course and available (not in a silly vault or ammo over there and gun in another place :roll: .... ).

maxpress

Buckeye
ive often wondered if a fire extinguisher full of o2 and gasoline followed by a zippo would be considered deffense or cruel and unusual. you could always hit them with the gas and show them the zippo while asking them to leave.
just a random thought.