what protects your most valuable pocessions? ( home defense)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

e3mrk

Bearcat
Criminals don't have a chance against Karate Cat!

NinjaCat.jpg

tookalisten

Blackhawk
btrumanj - I literally jumped when I saw the pic of your snake; that's a winner for sure.

PALADIN85020

Bearcat
First line of defense will be Joe. He doesn't like strangers. At all.

JOE-1.jpg

If anyone gets past Joe, then there will be a very rude surprise:

10BSHOTGUN1.jpg

In case you are wondering, it's a bullpup 12-gauge shotgun, the High Standard 10B, complete with light for target identification in low-light scenarios.

Police are called automatically with the push of a wireless panic button; they can then help to clean up the mess.

BearBio

Buckeye
I have the BIGGEST German shorthair (1 of 2) I have ever seen. Followed by TWO 45 Colt Vaqueros with 250 gr lead slugs. I figure I'm most comfortable with single actions, the 45 is a proven stopper, and that way I have 12 shots, faster than reloading. My wife keeps a 38 Masterpiece by the bed and a 357 in her purse.

BearHawk 357

Single-Sixer
JWhitmore44,

I REALLY hate seeing this pic of yours. Why, you might ask? Because I want this gun so badly it hurts. Thanks for reminding me that I don't have one, again!

:p :p :p

I have 3 dogs of mixed breed that let me know of ANY visitors...animal or human. And to a large degree, they even let me know who it is by their bark qualities.

Next line of defense are dusk to dawn porch lights and good door and window locks.

And the bottom line defense are two 2 3/4" barrel Speed-Six .357 Magnums. One that stays by my bed. And one, for during the day, that stays on my hip or within reach.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
PALADIN85020":2n0133df said:
First line of defense will be Joe. He doesn't like strangers. At all.

JOE-1.jpg

If anyone gets past Joe, then there will be a very rude surprise:

10BSHOTGUN1.jpg

In case you are wondering, it's a bullpup 12-gauge shotgun, the High Standard 10B, complete with light for target identification in low-light scenarios.

Police are called automatically with the push of a wireless panic button; they can then help to clean up the mess.
That's quite a combination!

-- Sam

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
Our alarm system is Shelby, 72 pounds of muscle and teeth. Here he is sunning himself, but his calm demeanor changes instantly. He is quite the guard dog and I'm sure he would tear a bad guy to pieces:

Shelby002.jpg

After the warning from Shelby, it would be my turn with my Tanfoglio Witness match equipped with a Streamlight TLR-1 and 16 rounds of .40 caliber hollowpoints. This is the same gun I compete with so I'm extremely familiar and capable with it:

Match018.jpg

If I need longer range capability, I have my "go bag" loaded with 1911 mags that match up with my Marlin Camp Carbine .45, modified with a Choate folding stock, red dot sight, Streamlight TLR-1, and single point sling:

CampCarbine45002.jpg

If I ever need to deploy the Marlin .45, my Dan Wesson CBob .45 goes on my hip in its holster since it takes the same magazines and ammo.

CBobBirdseyeMaple001.jpg

For longer range, I would go with my Ruger SR-556:

RugerSR556025.jpg

And for really long range, my Savage 114 Classic .30-06 with get the job done:

Savage003.jpg

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
A quartet of shotguns in gauges and sizes appropriate to each member of the family along with plenty of food for them.

I love handguns most and don't have much use for shotguns other than for HD, but a good shotgun is our first choice hands down.

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
BearHawk 357":yp18ir89 said:
JWhitmore44,

I REALLY hate seeing this pic of yours. Why, you might ask? Because I want this gun so badly it hurts. Thanks for reminding me that I don't have one, again!

:p :p :p

Sorry, I know how that goes :)

It replaced this for guard duty

combatcommander.jpg

Colt Combat Commander, I just shoot the Vaquero more these days. I picked up an acp cylinder for the Vaquero and you can use the acp magazines for reloads on the Vaquero.

Morton Co.

Bearcat
Sig 220 Equinox w/night sites propelling eight 230 grain Hydra-Shoks. If that doesn't do it, there is 2 more eight round magazines with more Hydra-Shoks. After that, the Garand gets put into use until I hear the "ping" and then "thump".

Can't imagine needing more than one or two rounds of the .45.

JBL13

Bearcat
Remington 870 12-gauge w/18" Remington Police barrel and extended magazine (Federal Personal Defense shells).

Within reach of the bed at night are a Mil-Spec 1911 (230-grain Federal HSTs), XD-45 Compact w/Streamlight TLR-1 (185-grain Gold Dots), P97 (230-grain Gold Dots), S&W 3" Model 60 .357 Mag (125-grain Corbon .38 Special +Ps; mainly for the wife), and a Surefire L5.

EnzNow

Bearcat
Although this probably shouldn't be in the revolver section, its still a fun thread. So heres mine:

Two 55lbs dogs that bark at every "strange" sound.

IMG_5039.jpg

My primary and quickest HD gun is HK USP Compact in 40cal w/ a tactical light.

My secondary weapon, if I have more time, is the Saiga 12 with a 5 rnd mag of 3" magnum OO buck w/ a TLR1 light, on the bottom(shown with 13 rnd mag) Above that my Saiga 308 & LCR.

IMG_5020.jpg

-EnzNow

Latest posts