What are the Odds???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KWend54

Single-Sixer
I always scan the auctions even if I am not in the market for anything in particular. Just to keep up on prices I suppose. I accidentally happened upon a 10 inch 44 flattop on Gun Broker. Of course that made me stop ….. Always like looking at rare 10 inch Flattops as I have several. Scanning the pictures and decided it really wasn't in pristine condition…. but a little farther into the pictures I zoomed in and OMG
IMG_6483.jpeg

I thought wait a minute!!!!
Double checked My 44 Flattop
IMG_6025.jpeg

Well I'll be a whipped Pup!!! Consecutive 10 inch 44 flattop's! Needless to say I bid and won it tonight!
What are the odds of pairing them up?
IMG_6484.jpeg

Last edited:

hittman

Staff member
Good day to be you.
Odd to find that.
More so considering how few of those were ever made,
A double win for you …. Just not your wallet.

contender

Ruger Guru
Excellent!!!!
Several collectors work on trying to get consecutive numbered guns
Radical Rod is a master at it.
Kudos on your match-up!!!

Such a feel-good story!… and an early Merry Christmas to you!

I sold a 44Mag (SN 87-88414) years ago to a fellow forum member who later sold it, and every once in a while I check GB to see if it shows up, but I never see it. I had some memories shooting it with my dad and a great pic of us, so always wanted to get it back. Maybe I should enlist your help to look for it!

Congratulations, I look for consecutive numbers too but so far no luck… but as they say "even a blind hog will find an acorn once in a while" so I keep looking. Again congratulations, and what a great pair of pistols!

RC44Mag

Buckeye
I really never was interested in finding consecutive number firearms, it's pretty cool but the vast majority of arms I buy are different. The only I have of the same model arms are two Garands and two M1 Carbines and I wanted by different makers( Saginaw and NPM). I briefly considered buying the other 8 makers but too much other stuff to get that isnt redundant. I do see the appeal of the hunt and enjoy seeing shooters hit the jackpot like Kwend did. 👍

Last edited:
As I said if its meant to be, one never knows, my wife collects 22 Rugers and so far over the years she found two more that "match" the serial number of her first Red Eagle #3102, and it was all through shows, looking at guns and being in the right place at the right time, and all were at or below 'market
prices of the day, NO TOP DOLLAR or pay enough you can buy anything, like all too many "big dawgs" do and have always done..............:cool::rolleyes:;)

Attachments

• a #3102 trio.JPG
    a #3102 trio.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 28

contender

Ruger Guru
It does pay to look closely at guns. You can get lucky in some finds. Several years ago,, a member here posted a Flatgate for sale. I thought the number looked familiar,, and it was a consecutive mate to one of mine. I could not reply fast enough with "I'll take it!" :D

Always on the hunt too!

Latest posts