what protects your most valuable pocessions? ( home defense)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stoots

Buckeye
StonewallRuger":2s1dcgoe said:
Meet Troopus Maximus von Wolfgang (Trooper), my 92 lb Finnish Doberman, trained in German by Durham Haus Working Dogs:

n516197060_1648470_5779.jpg

Dear God I'd hate to see that in the middle of the night.

:shock:

For me, a Glock 21 with 13+1 Speer Gold Dot 230g HPs, and a Remington 870, 18 inch barrel (+2) with 00 buck.

:D

w18764560

Bearcat
First line is 3/4 acre from street to door, next, in house early warning: Mini Dachshund and he's good...barks normal..but if somethings not right, he gives a short grumbling bark, next in line Colt CAR 16.25....Colt SS1911 .45, and then Remington 1100 12 gauge ext mag...when and if they get past that...I lock the door and grab my cell phone...hee hee...of course most important is knowing your property, inside as well as outside...the placement of 'things'...in order of 'retreat' to the cell phone....in Fla we now have the Castle Doctrine, thank God and Jeb Bush!
Of course I forgot to mention my 9 year old daughter who practices shooting
silhouette targets of human (criminal) size....and she knows what Bad Guys are!

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
No dogs for me unfortunately. I live alone and travel a lot of the time. Primary home defense tool is Mdl 97 trench gun w/ 1917 bayonet attached.

the fatman

Single-Sixer
Silent Sam":1olykmnn said:
No dogs for me unfortunately. I live alone and travel a lot of the time. Primary home defense tool is Mdl 97 trench gun w/ 1917 bayonet attached.
Wow! I think if I entered a home and saw somebody holding one of those I would really begin to think about a career change.

Lo-Bo

Bearcat
Back yard full of Pitbulls. Front yard a Rottweiler. Inside a Colt Commander .45 and a Glock .40. and a hope that none of this ever has to be used.

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
the fatman":asi25g5q said:
Silent Sam":asi25g5q said:
Wow! I think if I entered a home and saw somebody holding one of those I would really begin to think about a career change.

It ain't for showin'. :!:

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
Yosemite Sam":2i805rqa said:
keiki-small-cropped.jpg

'Nuff said, as they say.

-- Sam

Funny thing is... I really do have a cat for first line of defense. He sleeps by the front door. LOL He's meaner than hell and IS NOT afraid to use his claws. He's not scared of anyhting, either. That's how he got the name, Evel Knievel. After Evel, I keep the SR9 beside me with GDHP, a 12 ga. 870 w/ 3" #00 buckshot, then the 10/22. And enough ammo to last until back up arrives.

IMG00011.jpg

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
Sorry... No Ruger by the bed stand. I prefer an ayto, to a revolver in this situation.
I've never been very keen on Ruger's autoloaders..(cept their .22's)...
The witness will deliver 10+1, and a spare mag..
There are a few others within reach, but this is the one that is closest...

witness45.jpg

The dog's alert to everything, human or four legged....

ciao y'all

reuben

Lo-Bo

Bearcat
The black and white cat looks a little evil like he is hiding a secret. Knew a guy that kept a large Tom cat when he lived alone. He came into his house late at night and didn't turn on the light. The cat ripped him up pretty good before he was able to get to a light and the cat off. He said the cat was silent during the whole thing.

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
We've got a very nocturnal and territorial Siamese and he's no fan of tresspassers from small child to bull moose size.

Once asked to remove yourself from the property, if you do not comply within the alloted time, things go from bad to worse for those who thought our home might be an easy target.

No telling how long the "Alloted Time" is.

maxpress

Buckeye
This guy breaks into a house and hears someone whisper "jesus is whatching you" sure nobody is is the house he looks around and sees an african parrot on a perch.
the robber starts heading for the computer when he hears "jesus is whatching you" he looks at the parrot who just blinks and cocks his head.
just as he get to the computer he hears again a little louder "JESUS is whatching you"
he shines his flashlight right at the parrot and says "did you say that"
"yes"
"what is your name"
"crackers"
"what kinda idiot names his parrot crakers"

"THE same one that named his rotweiller JESUS"

ProfessorWes

Hunter
Stonewall, that is truly one gorgeous Doberman. My family has had several Dobies over the years, and I miss them all. Wonderful dogs. Pity I live in an apartment complex that doesn't allow dogs...

...For me, it would depend which of several loaded guns was closest to me should I need one. I usually keep one of my two Blackhawks (.357 and .44 SPL) or my Smith 638 Airweight close at hand while at home - the Airweight is on the tabletop next to the monitor as I type this - plus there's a loaded Beretta 9mm in the gun safe and a Mossberg 12-gauge under the bed.

For early warning I currently have two cockatiels that are capable of screaming at louder decibels than any alarm system I ever heard of. According to the neighbors, anyway... ;)

mohavesam

Hawkeye
"go-to guns"? Easy - the one in my IWB holster.

The only guns not secured on-site at home are all security-engraved and under about $300 in "street value". The 20-ga Cruiser/steel BB loads are first responders.

I'd really hate to get spotlighted by a MSP graveyarder while checking the perimeter with a Goldberg'ed AR in my PJs...

:shock:

Ruger_rules

Bearcat
A home 'go-to' gun right NOW?

Well, this being a Ruger board, umm...err...ahh...a 9mm Colt CLW Lightweight Commander.

BUT I'll be selling it for a 9mm SP-101 or SR-9 once Ruger begins
making the 9mm SP-101 again or sorts out the SR-9's problems. :)

P.S I do have an '89. but I consider that for the range (or WWIII).

t-reg

Single-Sixer
Sturm, Ruger, and me.

Also a 140 pound rott x lab mix and motion lights.

ClintV

Single-Sixer
First line of defense: hopefully the marked cruiser parked in the driveway

If that don't work, I pray the labradors are awake and give me a little warning.