What Is Your Favorite Full Size Auto???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loaded round

Hunter
But it's still a Glock!

NikA said:
My full size preference is a 1911 for .45 or a CZ-75 for 9mm or .40.

CZ-75s and clones are available in a wide variety of flavors: SAO, DA/SA w/ or w/o decoders, DAO. Also, steel/aluminum/polymer frames.

NikA

Buckeye
loaded round said:
But it's still a Glock!

NikA said:
My full size preference is a 1911 for .45 or a CZ-75 for 9mm or .40.

CZ-75s and clones are available in a wide variety of flavors: SAO, DA/SA w/ or w/o decoders, DAO. Also, steel/aluminum/polymer frames.

?? Not sure what you're saying here. I don't think I own any polymer-framed guns. The CZ clones I own are all metal guns. I was simply mentioning that polymer-framed versions are available.

The CZ-75 is a hammer-fired DA/SA gun. Pretty much nothing like a Block.

Skoopski

Single-Sixer
Picked up a Canik TP9 SFX 9mm last fall and fell in love with it. Fits my hands perfectly. Really well made gun.

Medium sized would be my Colt Officers 1911 .45

Small sized is my Sig 238 .380. It gets the most hip time.

Interestingly not a single person picked the Ruger SR9. They are a good gun, but I didn't even pick it. I have 2 of them right now. Very functional gun. The Ruger American doesn't seem to be all that accepted. The Security 9 is more of a medium size gun so doesn't provide the same function. Any ideas? And we wonder why they have been discontinued. Apparently there's not the demand for full size guns, the way there is for medium and compact.

hittman

Staff member
I've never owned or shot any of the SR series guns. Not sure why .... just never came to be.

I'm still sticking with my favorite as my 19x but should add a close runner up is the 9mm SR1911 Lightweight Commander.

Pyromike

Single-Sixer
Ruger P95. Eats everything, very accurate, Hogue grips and excellent OWB carry. I've tried others, but keep coming back. Sorry to see them go.

Been thinking about this since the thread started and really cannot come up with a definitive answer.

I really, really like the 1911 platform. I also am very happy with my CZ75SP01. But I also like my HK VP-9 Tactical as well as my Glock G22 (.40 S&W).

All that said, the gun I probably carry the most is my SR-9C. I'm very comfortable with it, I know what it will do (as long as I do my part) and it has proven to be ultra reliable.

Passtime

Bearcat
I am right partial to my SR45. I had a few issues with it when it was brand new but Ruger did a good job of ironing them out. I have put a few thousand rounds of reloads through it since then without issue. It fits my hand perfectly, is very dependable and if I do my part it is a very accurate firearm.