What did you pay for your SR1911 ? This should be good !!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

What did you pay (BEFORE taxes and fees) for your SR1911 ?

• $550-575

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • $576-600

Votes: 28 10.1%
  • $601-625

Votes: 27 9.8%
  • $626-650

Votes: 44 15.9%
  • $651-675

Votes: 26 9.4%
  • $676-700

Votes: 72 26.1%
  • $701-725

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • $726-750

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • $751-775

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • $776-800

Votes: 19 6.9%

• Total voters

seal12

Bearcat
Paid $625.00 B4 tis best investment I ever made 3lb trigger accurate enough to stop a moving object !

dlidster

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
seal12 said:
3lb trigger !

Highly doubtful .... how was this determined ?

REV
I'm with Rev on this. I've had my SR1911 since May of 2011. It's had almost 12K rounds through it and has been dry fired a zillion times. The trigger (which I have not reworked) is very crisp with absolutely no creep. It weighs in at 4 to 4¼ pounds. (I measured it this afternoon in preparation for this response.) It may feel lighter to some, but that's because it's so crisp.

I have five very nice S&W revolvers. These, I believe, represent the epitome of what a handgun trigger can be. They're remarkable. (I presume Colt revolvers are equal; I just happen to have S&Ws.) All five check in at about 3 pounds, give or take an ounce or so. Yet most people dry firing (or shooting them) the first time guess the release is a matter of ounces.

I use my SR1911 (as well as my CZ and Beretta 92s) for fun and games -- IPDA, USPSA, and PS fun matches. To me, a three pound trigger on any of these guns would be scary. In a highly emotional self-defense situation, I think it would be dangerous. (That's why the police were trained to use their revolvers double-action, not single action.)

In an earlier post I mentioned a member of one of the clubs to which I belong was touting the trigger job that yielded a three pound release on his XD. That same evening he was disqualified for an accidental discharge. Fortunately, it was just into a plastic barrel being used as "cover."

I would hope that Ruger is not letting any SR1911s out with three pound triggers. I'm going to bet most are really between four and six. And that's just fine with me.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Agreed. 3 LBS on a 1911 would be VERY SCARY for anything other than bullseye work.

REV

w5lx

Single-Sixer
I saw several at $619 at the Dallas gun show last Saturday. Latest serial number I saw was 98XXX.

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ said:
Hmm...MSRP $829 x .75 (usual discount) = $621.75. Those lastest prices are spot on usual Ruger markup at a good LGS.

In the end, all insanity must end.

It's been a $600 gun from day 1, when it listed for $800, which is what I said from the day it was released, when everybody was screaming at me that it was worth 'well over its $800 price' .... I'm not saying it's worth $600 because that's 75% of $800, it's worth $600 because that's what it's features and specifications warrant. It's a great $600 1911 ..... It's not a great $800 1911, and there's nothing wrong with that.

If you remember .... Same exact thing happened with the LCP. Ridiculous $500 prices in the beginning, price gougers, then sanity ... And $250 prices. Just what it's worth ...

In the end, the free market always prevails and determines what any given item is really 'worth' .... As it should be.

REV

L3g4cY

Bearcat
Paid $749.99 + 6.35% tax for a total of $797. Wasn't really looking for a new gun at the time day after Christmas and had a gift certificate to a LGS was going to buy a iwb holster for my sr9c. Saw the sr1911 in the case and once in my hands knew I wasn't buying a holster for my 9 anymore. It's on layaway for another week while I catch up from holiday spending but hopefully get it out to the range next weekend for some fun.

Jamie9601

Bearcat
I paid 637.00 OTD from a small gun shop here in WV, I thought it was a great deal besides I really wanted the gun and was really looking to pay around $700.00 when I went looking.

I paid $60.00 for my CMD :) I won it at a Delta Waterfowl Banquet. I had been looking at getting one and the banquet happened before I pulled the trigger on buying one.

JB

steenroller

Bearcat
Paid $649 off Gunbroker from a dealer in Tennessee for a Commander. I called several dealers in my area and nobody could even find one from their distributor and the only one I found locally was $750 from Bass Pro. Hope to have this one in Monday or Tuesday.

meanc

Single-Sixer
Paid less than a tank of gas.

Found out, it was worth less.

USA SHARK

Bearcat
meanc said:

Since you've made that comment on more than one post, I'll give you my response again too... You get what you pay for.

If you truly bought it for $100 it is either stolen, used in a crime, or a piece of junk someone dumped on you after they screwed it up.

meanc

Single-Sixer
USA SHARK said:
meanc said:

Since you've made that comment on more than one post, I'll give you my response again too... You get what you pay for.

If you truly bought it for $100 it is either stolen, used in a crime, or a piece of junk someone dumped on you after they screwed it up.

I can tell you're new here, so I'll cut you some slack. I'll just say you don't know what you're talking about and offer some advice... It's better to keep your ignorance to yourself than open up your mouth (or in this case, post on a forum) and remove all doubt.