What are you paying for primers ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

protoolman

Service-Sixer
$63 per thousand for WLP Winchesters today 10-21-23 at Fargo Scheels. That's including a 15% sale. Still have some other types/brands as high as $100.

Just picked up a box yesterday.

Federal no.210 Large Rifle, $97 per 1000.

The CCI BR-2 Large Rifle we're going for $182. per 1000.

65966B0E-B3DC-4D31-BCA4-4E7039B75BCE.jpeg

Hankus

Blackhawk
The closest LGS has primers in stock at $130 per box. I think they were CCI. For some reason they are still in stock. Gunpowder is at ok prices though.

Most places don't have any primers in stock here. I cleaned out the other LGS when they had them for $10 per 100 packs last year. I was desperate to try reloading or I would have waited.
I just paid $13/100 for CCI LP, My new press just came in and I'm going to start loading .45C. I haven't done any reloading since the early '90s so sticker shock hit pretty hard. I can see I'll need to get a smelting pot and some molds as cast bullets are sparse locally.

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
I still have a 2 year supply left of $28 primers. The way I figure it, the current "inflated" price should be about 50 bucks. However, with high demand and hoarding it's going to take another election for the price to come down to where it should be. And then elections have consequences so it may go the wrong way.

Now we have 2 wars, and we are feeling dissension and murders at home. I saw primers at $79 in a remote country store so I bought a brick. There was no limit. Two weeks later they had sold very little so I cleaned the store out. A week later they had more in stock, so I didn't feel bad for my neighbors.

So, I'm good now. No beer money for 2 months, but I am not worrying.

Seabeeken

Bearcat
I still have a 2 year supply left of $28 primers. The way I figure it, the current "inflated" price should be about 50 bucks. However, with high demand and hoarding it's going to take another election for the price to come down to where it should be. And then elections have consequences so it may go the wrong way.

Now we have 2 wars, and we are feeling dissension and murders at home. I saw primers at $79 in a remote country store so I bought a brick. There was no limit. Two weeks later they had sold very little so I cleaned the store out. A week later they had more in stock, so I didn't feel bad for my neighbors.

So, I'm good now. No beer money for 2 months, but I am not worrying.
They should be giving budweiser away by now. :ROFLMAO:

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
$309/5000
The way I figure it, that price is reasonable for inflation. Not price gouging like it was in the past 2 years. I doubt that it will ever go lower than that unless we have some really spectacular election results.

However, I'm not holding my breath. In fact November 2024 may just send prices skyrocketing again.

My opinion.....buy now.

Hankus

Blackhawk
Last week I got Winchester LPP for $89/1000 at the Bass Pro in Tampa. They were very well stocked. I might go back for some Magnum LPP for .454 Casull ..,

Latest posts