What are you paying for primers ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NikA

Buckeye
I just did a few searches on the above "American reloading " site and it's a scam 👎 .
That's strange, I've done thousands of dollars of business with them over the past 5 years and never had an issue. Not sure where you searched, they take normal CC payment like any other legit vendor.

I've ordered hazmat items from them before and had no issues. If I needed primers, I would not hesitate to buy from them.

Last edited:

dannyd

Hunter
I just did a few searches on the above "American reloading " site and it's a scam 👎 .
If their a scan then, they are good at because they have 4.5 stars on Ammoseek.

66B3331A-A451-4A9B-B542-0B972CB5E331.jpeg

XP100

Blackhawk
American Reloading has foreign brands consistently in stock for 60-odd dollars per thousand provided you buy a sleeve, including hazmat and shipping. They are out of CCIs at the moment but they have been in the high 70 dollar range.

When you consider travel time and fuel costs, I'm not surprised nobody's tripping over themselves to buy somebody's 75$/k primers that are 10+ years old.
If you are rerfering to my post I loaded and shot about 700 or 800 222 and 223 rounds in the last 2 months and not a single problem with them

NikA

Buckeye
@XP100 , I didn't say they weren't usable (I personally use primers that are 30+ years old without issue), I'm just pointing out you're selling old stock at pricing comparable to delivered prices from at least one vendor and expressing wonderment that no one is jumping at that opportunity.

Paladin

Bearcat
I have not shopped for primers and powder for well over 2 years. Mainly because there was never, ever anything on the shelves. Thankfully, I had a pretty good stock on hand.

I was surprised when I stopped at my local Cabela's a few days ago to see their primer and powder shelves fully stocked. I was shocked to see primers are now $90 per thousand and powder is $40 a pound. Yikes!!

Last edited:

XP100

Blackhawk
@XP100 , I didn't say they weren't usable (I personally use primers that are 30+ years old without issue), I'm just pointing out you're selling old stock at pricing comparable to delivered prices from at least one vendor and expressing wonderment that no one is jumping at that opportunity.
Tell me where I can get Remington SR Bench rest primers for 75/1000 delivered including Haz Mat and shipping because I need more. I would buy 10,000. I found some and 1000 are 115.00+/1000. 80/1000 + Shipping, HazMat and tax

Last edited:

57springer

Buckeye
Their bullets are pulled , with marks . Powder is end of batches from other companies that is blended and put in their container . And they do or maybe did cheat reloaders in the past . Visit some strickly reloading websites and inquire . They are not recommended .

dannyd

Hunter
Tell me where I can get Remington SR Bench rest primers for 75/1000 delivered including Haz Mat and shipping because I need more. I would buy 10,000. I found some and 1000 are 115.00+/1000. 80/1000 + Shipping, HazMat and tax
This is probably the best your going to do for now.

8E814503-C797-454A-89E7-30A8B17C1148.jpeg

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
No doubt about that, scammers piggyback off of legitimate sites.

Always read the link closely to see if there are items or symbols that don't look right.
Yeah, I saw a post ,maybe here , a short while back about ruger guns at a site pretending to be the official ruger site. Almost all models in stock at super good prices 😉

jkingrph

Bearcat
A few years back at the hospital where we worked, I was talking to a nurse anesthetist who was big into guns and we were talking about components we had. I went home and counted primers, I had over 30,000 various sizes and types. I probably paid around $1.00 per hundred, maybe a few cents more for some. Some date way back were marked at $ 0.70/hundred. All stored in airtight ammo cans in an heated/cooled room.

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
Today I picked-up a brick of CCI 400 Rifle primers at the local Sportsmans Warehouse for $63.00 out the door. Been the going price (when they could get primers in) for about two years...which tells me the big internet sites (Midway/Grafs/Natchez etc) have been hosing us for years....

Last edited:

Johnnu2

Hunter
A few years back at the hospital where we worked, I was talking to a nurse anesthetist who was big into guns and we were talking about components we had. I went home and counted primers, I had over 30,000 various sizes and types. I probably paid around $1.00 per hundred, maybe a few cents more for some. Some date way back were marked at $ 0.70/hundred. All stored in airtight ammo cans in an heated/cooled room.
Just read your post about storing in air-tight ammo cans. Just and FYI: I spoke to a tech at CCI several years ago regarding my practice/concern about storing my primers in ammo cans. He advised me against doing that; he said that X thousand primers in a sealed ammo can would be the equivalent of at least one stick of dynamite should a fire (or anything) cause such a can to explode. He suggested that storing in a heat/air conditioned space would be sufficient to ensure decades of use-full life. I removed all the lids of mh ammo cans and simply covered them with something to keep the dust and schmutz off them.
FYI,
J.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Today I picked-up a brick of CCI 400 Rifle primers at the local Sportsmans Warehouse for $63.00 out the door. Been the going price (when they could get primers in) for about two years...which tells me the big internet sites (Midway/Grafs/Natchez etc) have been hosing us for years....

Exactly!

Also why I haven't bought any in years.

Latest posts