What dies you recommend

Help Support Ruger Forum:

crow#2

Single-Sixer
Just bought a marlin 32/20 now I need dies. I do not shoot much. Are the 3 die ser LEE ok. The are not pricey which is good. What do you recommend? I may shoot 400 to 600 rounds of this caliber a year.

Buff7mm

Bearcat
Just bought a marlin 32/20 now I need dies. I do not shoot much. Are the 3 die ser LEE ok. The are not pricey which is good. What do you recommend? I may shoot 400 to 600 rounds of this caliber a year.
I've been reloading for about 15 different calibers for about 10 or so years and that's all I've ever used, never had a problem with any of their dies.

contender

Ruger Guru
I got into handloading in the 1970's. I started with Lyman dies,, but most of my dies now are RCBS. I do have a few odds & ends dies from Lee,, but I also have Dillon, Redding, dies.
I tend to appreciate how RCBS has handled the very few problems over the decades. What sold me on them, was one of my very first sets of their dies,, the bullet seater plug caused a "ring" around the jacketed bullets I was loading. I contacted them, they asked me to send them the seater plug, and a sample bullet. They re-cut the seater plug, and returned it, all for free.

I have bought used RCBS dies over the decades. I inspect them for abuse,, but after that,, if no damage is noted,, I buy. Never had any issues returning any RCBS stuff.

The lee dies are adequate. I find their seating stem with the aluminum screw plug to be the most variable. But they work good for average ammo. I really like the newer Hornady dies.
I really like the simplicity of the lee sizing die. The lee collet crimp is great die for rifle loads. My 450 bushmaster loads were more accurate than the hornady black load once I used the lee crimp. I dont like the factory crimp handgun die because is forces the bullets into smaller diameter. The lee universal flaring die is great. Ive used it a lot for loading lead bullets. I seat primers with the frankford arsenal hand primer tool, but use the Lee case trimmer shell holders instead of the ones the tool came with.

Latest posts