What are you paying for primers ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Johnnu2

Hunter
Don't Buy.... only WE can control prices.
TRUST ME, it works.... no payee, no inflatee....

J.

XP100

Blackhawk
I listed 1000 Remington 7&12 SR Bench Rest Primers on a local site for 75.00. NO Shipping no tax and no Haz Mat fee and got blasted for price gouging. Cheapest I found them online was 80.00 + all the add ons. Needless to say . they went back on the primer stash.

dannyd

Hunter
I listed 1000 Remington 7&12 SR Bench Rest Primers on a local site for 75.00. NO Shipping no tax and no Haz Mat fee and got blasted for price gouging. Cheapest I found them online was 80.00 + all the add ons. Needless to say . they went back on the primer stash.
You were definitely Not price gouging, most BR primers go for between 110 and 130 dollars per thousand.

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
That was a real fair price .

I have what I consider to be my lifetime supply mostly bought in the Clinton era, so any I am buying are for friends in need.

I just bought my limit of 2 sleaves of CCI small pistol at a local retailer for $7.99. I know their secret cost code, and they are paying $6.19 per sleave.

Right next to the small pistol they had a few bricks of 1000 CCI small rifle priced at $104.95. For some reason they were only selling these by the brick, and not limited to only 2 sleaves. This was at my local BiMart and the first primers I have seen at this store in 3+ years.

I travel for work so check their other stores along my way. For some reason it seems most of the small town stores have had them for around the last year. Same prices as above. I have still not seen any large pistol or large rifle.

Johnnu2

Hunter
A dealer friend of mine got small pistol primers (this week) for $67.89 per 1000 and large pistol primers for $67.08 +tax. He got free hazmat with his order. I must confess that, while this is still WAY too high, I broke my own rule of "DON'T BUY", and grabbed a thousand of each "just because". PLEASE DON'T TELL ANYONE I CAVED IN...!!! :mad:

J.

Last edited:

Lou

Bearcat
I have finally seen 1k boxes of primers on the shelves at my Lgs.....(1 per customer )

The 'cheapies' were $100/k......CCi's $120/k..... and match $150/k

I still have some boxes that say $10/k on them.... ( dating myself here )

What is everyone else out there seeing for prices ??
I paid $29.50 a 1000 at Bimart. Managed to pick up 20 boxes of them. Never had an ammo shortage. Still have three stacks of cans in the three calibers I shoot. Pays to plan for the future

Attachments

• IMG_2122.jpeg
    IMG_2122.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 60

bobski

Hunter
as long as you pay it, they will charge it guys.
ya gotta fight the urge.

ever wonder why prices are coming down?
someones listening to basic economic laws of business.
and those that dont...just prolong the high costs.
if everyone as a (team) just cold turkey stopped, we'd have a trump economy again.

its like this...we that know the inside story are trying to tell those that dont. and its like telling someone that poison will kill you.... but the taste of poison is just too irresistible and you drink it anyway.

i refuse new normals because they are not normal. they are new abnormals.

Last edited:

Lou

Bearcat
I am fortunate to have enough of the 10buck bricks to last me...fortunate for me that semi-auto guns never caught on in my household.
I hear you about the semi-auto thing. Unfortunately I never came to my senses. I did go to the range this weekend with a bolt action however. Winks

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0014.jpeg
    IMG_0014.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 59
A dealer friend of mine got small pistol primers (this week) for $67.89 per 1000 and large pistol primers for $67.08 +tax. He got free hazmat with his order. I must confess that, while this is still WAY too high, I broke my own rule of "DON'T BUY", and grabbed a thousand of each "just because". PLEASE DON'T TELL ANYONE I CAVED IN...!!! :mad:

J.
You bought some! Ha! Good for you! I bought some small pistol primers the other day. They were $8/hundred. Which seems to be the going rate.

But for those of you who think primers are more expensive, what about everything else? I just put half a tank of diesel in my truck for $75. ($4 per gallon).

Don't even get me started on food prices at the grocery store.

But also look at salaries. They have gone up as well. Starting salary of a clerk at Bucc-ee's is more than what a first year teacher will make.

I guess I don't think $8/100 for primers is an outrage.

Latest posts