The Armed Rocker

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Found a use for the old kydex holster I hated. I spend a fair amount of time in the smoking lounge in this rocker I inherited from my father. Wanted to have a pistol handy without having to carry it around. So screwed the holster to the side, positioned for easy access but not visible to anyone coming in the door. The pic does not disclose the placement of the rocker in the room. Carries my old Ruger 9e.

I need to vacuum the rug.

armd rocker.jpg

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
GREAT idea, well done! ;) (y)
We'll see. The weather is supposed to cool down some next week, so I'll be taking the rocker outside for some live fire practice. It's about 8 yds from where I sit inside to the outside door and at about a 20* angle. No time to jump up and assume a square range presentation, so one handed point and shoot for at least the first shot.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
So did I! Or maybe Kid Rock! ;)

I knew some of y'all would pick up on that. It wasn't a coincidental choice. ;) When the weather cools off next week, I'll be taking it out back for some live fire practice. About 8yds from where I sit to the outside door and about 60* angle to my left. Hope I can hit something besides the dirt. :)

Last edited:
Where is the spittoon for yer chaw? When I was first married we had a neighbor who would sit on his porch in a glider with a shotgun under the blanket over his lap. He would rock and cuss under his breath. The guy sounded like a parrot with tourettes syndrome and I can still see and hear him to this day. "Huh-huh. Sonofa bleeping bastiches.. huh huh... mess around here ya little bleep-bleeps. Huh-huh"!!! It was an adventure for sure

3manfan

Single-Sixer
Found a use for the old kydex holster I hated. I spend a fair amount of time in the smoking lounge in this rocker I inherited from my father. Wanted to have a pistol handy without having to carry it around. So screwed the holster to the side, positioned for easy access but not visible to anyone coming in the door. The pic does not disclose the placement of the rocker in the room. Carries my old Ruger 9e.

I need to vacuum the rug.
You took me right back to the 70's......we had that exact chair. Good times.

Mike J

Hunter
I knew some of y'all would pick up on that. It wasn't a coincidental choice. ;) When the weather cools off next week, I'll be taking it out back for some live fire practice. About 8yds from where I sit to the outside door and about 60* angle to my left. Hope I can hit something besides the dirt. :)
I've got a hunch that if you don't do fine to start with you will by the time you're done.

Latest posts