SR9 How-To (Multiple Inside) - Video Links Removed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

crusader

Bearcat
thanks for the reply I have shot Browning HI Powers for years and never broke a firing pin, never had a parts failure so quickly. I was hooping for more from the SR-9 I own several Rugers, but so far this one is a disappointment

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
I have not read ALL the post "yet", but have you thought about doing a video to do the trigger work?
Anyhow, THANK YOU for the great work and taking the time and energy to do so:)

jhearne

Buckeye
waynejitsu, I plan on doing a few videos once things calm down here in my parts. I need to get the videos planned out and see how I'm going to shoot it with what I have. Hopefully I can get them done here soon.

Josh

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
That would be GREAT!!!
Your write-ups are FANTASTIC, however, a video, I am one of those that learns much easier from watching it being worked on:)

I do not know what you do for work, but your instructions are professional. I used to write instructions for a living and yours are right up there with the best..., I appreciate all the work and time you have put into them.
Most have no idea how much thought and time that goes into an instruction..., well, a good instruction that covers not only the work, but the safety, etc..., it is a lot of time and thought that goes into it and you do great work.
I just want to be able to say I did all the work on the SR9 myself..., my trigger is already at an average of 5.85 right now. 4.5 - 5# is what I am shooting for:)

THANK YOU!!!

jhearne

Buckeye
I work in a machine shop, in the office. I handle inventory, shipping and some CAD work if our engineers get overloaded with work. The writing did take a good while to get it right, but I added some things over a couple weeks like color coding and made sure that all the parts were correctly referenced. I intend on getting the videos done here soon, but I want them done right and I am going to redo the original field strip video first. That one I just shot the day I got that video camera at my house when I got bored that night. I plan on having a little more professionalism in the final cuts. Voice overs, text on the screen, references to my text/pic how-to here...etc...

Josh

waldo1324

Bearcat
i just have to come in and give every + i have in me for this writeup/video +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++...etc etc

A

Anonymous

I called Ghost this morning and he said he can ship them out when you need them.

jhearne

Buckeye
@Waldo1324, Thats all you got?! j/k, thank you kindly sir!

@Wolverton, if he's willing to ship them now, then why haven't they put them up online?

Josh

A

Anonymous

jhearne":3madqccg said:
@Waldo1324, Thats all you got?! j/k, thank you kindly sir!

@Wolverton, if he's willing to ship them now, then why haven't they put them up online?

Josh

He said that he was waiting for the paper insert that says, "This is the xxx for the SR9" but he can ship it out without paper insert. (Which is pointless anyway.)

305-252-7422 If he asks who told you that he'll ship them out early, tell him it was Mike.

jhearne

Buckeye
Thanks, will try and call after work today, may have to wait until Monday @ Lunch.

Josh

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
Hey jhearne, just wanted to say I enjoyed all the info :D
I just picked up my new SR9 from Bills Gun Trader this mourning-
Yup, I'm just outside of Lufkin 8)

jhearne

Buckeye
NP Tex, where you shoot at? Aside from hunting clubs and such there's Evan's in Huntington and just outside of Lufkin on 69 is the Angelina Gun Club.

Josh

waldo1324

Bearcat
well its from the heart, compadre--- as referenced on another post "ive been bitten by the gun bug" and writeups are like a trail of breadcrumbs leading one out of the dark forest.

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
jhearne":3jphq7ts said:
NP Tex, where you shoot at? Aside from hunting clubs and such there's Evan's in Huntington and just outside of Lufkin on 69 is the Angelina Gun Club.

Josh

Neither -- I shoot in my backyard 8)
I live out on 2021 & have room to shoot :D

jhearne

Buckeye
Texasgunner":1ylbihux said:
jhearne":1ylbihux said:

Josh

Heh, 2021 has got the room, I was out there Monday night with some friends of mine.

Josh

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
jhearne":19f49n90 said:
Texasgunner":19f49n90 said:
jhearne":19f49n90 said:

Josh

Heh, 2021 has got the room, I was out there Monday night with some friends of mine.

Josh

Yeah, the property on my left is owned by the Eddings & is wide open pasture, behind me is all wooded still owned by LP i belive- I can safely shoot out to about 100 yds 8)

pamato18

Bearcat
Hey another possible modification to your SR9. I just stumbled across Steve Bedair's website. The guy makes stainless steel guide rods for pistols. Doesn't have the SR9 on his site, but says if you ship him your rod he'll do a custom one. Seems like he could do a SR9. All the comments are really positive and he boasts a 48 hour turnaround time. For a captive stainless steel custom guide rod charges $40. A lot of people don't mind the polymer one, but supposedly for durability, a bit of muzzle weight, and less flex the stainless steel is better. Anyway here is the link:

http://guiderod.com/specialorders.html