SR9 How-To (Multiple Inside) - Video Links Removed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

elkhunter62

Bearcat
Hey josh did the detail strip and found that it was a piece of cake thanks to your awesome help !!!!! now i know how to put in my ghost when it comes.

elkhunter62

Bearcat
it came today and put it in was easy for me already had it apart before so it went real well feels awesome big difference in all ways love it thanks ghost it was the ultimate thanks ghost :D

P.Ted

Bearcat
used your site to install a ghost rocket trigger bar reset. it helped tremendously, and my sr9 trigger is vastly improved.

thank you very much, josh!

elkhunter62

Bearcat
pictures after i installed my ultimate trigger rest its so sweet !!! and again thanks so much josh for you help with the info on how to strip the sr9
100_0345.jpg

100_0344.jpg

100_0346.jpg

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
Those look good, a few fliers, but if you are using your gun for the same purpose as me, they are all good:)

elkhunter62

Bearcat
yes a few fliers and it was a little cold out that day shaking a bit and i think i could do better and thanks for the comment wayne :D

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
You are welcome:)

PS, just a FYI..., fliers are more of an ammo problem than a shooter problem.
When testing, I have had fliers when shooting from a bench, in a gun vise, so I know the gun did not move and it was the ammo.

It just seems to happen, a perfect score when shooting and all of a sudden a flier..., UHHGGGHHH!!!

recoilguy

Bearcat
This is a great thread. I have to read it every so often just to learn the new things about my weapon and to remember some of the other things.

RCG

Grendel

Single-Sixer
Okay, I went ahead and put up a couple of "how to" vids on the installation of the Ghost Rocket.

A couple of things:

1) I had already fit and installed my Rocket. I reinstalled the stock trigger bar reset for the vid.
2) I don't bother with explaining how to field strip the gun. Enough vids of that online already, and I'm limited for time. Also, I don't bother with the whole bit on clearing the gun for the camera. Ain't my responsibility to teach. You should know the Four Rules already. If you don't, you shouldn't be watching the clips.
3) Didn't bother with any fancy editing. Cut some bits out for time and editing, so it may be choppy in bits. Not too sure.
4) Um, that's about it.

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SfmQJ9huxg

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6axHR1vK57c

-JT

elkhunter62

Bearcat
A+ grendel i Have already installed the ultimate in mine and it works great. awesome job on the vids right to the point of install. I had no over travel with the stock one and still dont with the ghost do you think i need the rocket if it has no over travel ?

Grendel

Single-Sixer
elkhunter62":3q2zp80r said:
A+ grendel i Have already installed the ultimate in mine and it works great. awesome job on the vids right to the point of install. I had no over travel with the stock one and still dont with the ghost do you think i need the rocket if it has no over travel ?

I thought I had no overtravel with the stock trigger bar reset, too, until I got the Ghost fitted. :)

And thanks for the comments. Doing those was hard. Not so much the goofy filming and working angle, but because I HATE the sound of my voice.

-JT

elkhunter62

Bearcat
Grendel":4pl9bdog said:
elkhunter62":4pl9bdog said:

I thought I had no overtravel with the stock trigger bar reset, too, until I got the Ghost fitted. :)

And thanks for the comments. Doing those was hard. Not so much the goofy filming and working angle, but because I HATE the sound of my voice.

-JT
Mine dont move now after it breaks at all so do you think i should try the rocket my trigger pull weight is 4lbs

Grendel

Single-Sixer
elkhunter62":3tu3s1fa said:
Mine dont move now after it breaks at all so do you think i should try the rocket my trigger pull weight is 4lbs

I like what it did for my SR9. I can't say what it will or will not do for yours.

-JT

elkhunter62

Bearcat
Grendel":ezz5x0wl said:
elkhunter62":ezz5x0wl said:

I like what it did for my SR9. I can't say what it will or will not do for yours.

-JT
Maybe i will try it soon i will give what i got some time and see if i want a change thanks so much for you help!!!

Grendel

Single-Sixer
elkhunter62":1g4ejse4 said:
Maybe i will try it soon i will give what i got some time and see if i want a change thanks so much for you help!!!

You'll have to spend a little money and spend the time fitting it. However, if for whatever reason you don't like it, you can simply pop it right back out and put the stock trigger bar reset back in. Should that happen, by that time, taking the fire control assembly out will be a piece of cake.

You could also take the Clint Smith approach: "Does it solve a problem?" If it's not solving a problem for you, i.e., your trigger already feels good enough for you, than don't get it.

:)

-JT

elkhunter62

Bearcat
Grendel":oytmao9l said:

You'll have to spend a little money and spend the time fitting it. However, if for whatever reason you don't like it, you can simply pop it right back out and put the stock trigger bar reset back in. Should that happen, by that time, taking the fire control assembly out will be a piece of cake.

You could also take the Clint Smith approach: "Does it solve a problem?" If it's not solving a problem for you, i.e., your trigger already feels good enough for you, than don't get it.

:)

-JT[/quote] I have already had it apart a few times not a prob at all if i do get the rocket i will have the stock one,ultimate and then the rocket sweet!!!

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
Grendel":smym76x8 said:
elkhunter62":smym76x8 said:

-JT

Great video's and instructions:)
BTW, there is NOTHING wrong with how you sound, but I do know how you feel about it.
When I was still in school, Jr. high I believe, I heard my voice on a tape.
I did not think I sounded like that and would have denied it was my voice, except, it was my recording. It was me and my brother.
He sounded like him, but I sounded way different (to me).
He thought he sounded strange. I told him he sounded just like he does on the tape.
I thought I sounded strange, he told me I sounded just like I did on the tape.
After that, I was very self conscience.

Skip forward about 25 years or so.
I wound up with a radio show.
Again, it did not sound like me (to me it sounded like someone else).
I had a LOT of great comments about the radio show, people loved it and not one mentioned my voice other than to say I sounded great.
When I did the shows, I was VERY worried about my voice, but after so long, it didn't bother me as all the comments were good, not one negative.

I am saying all of this to let you know, you are the only one that thinks your voice sounds "funny, weird, different or whatever you are thinking about it).
Your voice is clear, good speaking, easy to understand and absolutely NOTHING wrong, distracting, annoying, etc.

Your video is clear, your voice is clear and it all came together great.
I appreciate the effort and energy you put into making a video ad believe anyone else with an SR9 they want to mod feels the same way.

Bottom line- Good video, good voice:)

Thank you

jhearne

Buckeye
Hey some video action ;) looks good Grendel, at work currently, can't play with sound. And as said above, we all sound weird on video/audio to ourselves.

Sorry I've been a bit MIA lately, my work computer was DOA the other day and we just got my new one setup and running before lunch today, and then my friend came into town for a week so I've been out with him and his family alot this week....busy to say the least.

Will post again later after work and I can watch the video with sound too.

Josh

Grendel

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the kind words and comments, all. Maybe I won't feel so self-conscious next time I decide to do a vid to share. :)

-JT

recoilguy

Bearcat
Thanks for the Videos.....looked at them and decided......I am gonna give it a try. New Ghost Ultimate on its way. If it does what it is supposed to do I will get another one for my other SR9. I really hope it improves the trigger, I am begining to dislike the trigger the more I use the gun as opposed to liking it better.

RCG