SR1911 1 of 100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The Wall

Single-Sixer
I just don't understand why people are so confused by the 1 0f a 100. It doesn't matter which one of the hundred you have. The only way it would matter would be if they were sequential serial numbers, and they modified them in that order. Then you might know if you had the first of the 100. If you have one then you have 1 of 100. Geesh! :lol:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Agree +1.
If we're talking "1 of 100" editions in $60,000 Shelby Cobra cars , well yes, the sequence-in-series number means something.

For a mass-produced handgun costing roughly a week's pay, it is not only inconsequential, it is embarrassing that we're even talking about it!

JMHO

hittman

Staff member
I totally disagree. This will be a big deal for some in the not-too-distant future.

In the future there will be some who market or re-sell this gun as "One of only 100 ever made!" which is basically a lie. There are sure to be hundreds of thousands made but only 100 laser engraved like this. Until of course this company and/or others copy it.

Some will intentionally market it as a Factory Custom. That rumor is already in the gun stores as stated in threads here.

Many are sure to say they have Number ONE (the FIRST) of the 100 made.

Can't wait to see how creative some get with end labels too.

I know it's a buyer beware market but newbies and those not well educated about this particular gun are sure to get burned in the future. That kinda stuff just speaks poorly for our hobby.

martyj

Blackhawk
I picked mine up today and I must say they do look better than the pictures we have been seeing.
I even stopped to show it to a guy that is a big 1911 colt fan and he commented on what a nice looking pistol it was.

mike722

Buckeye
revhigh said:
Yuk ..... I don't like flowers on my guns ... or cheap-looking smooth $5 plastic grips ....

Worth $200 tops to me ..... if that.

REV
. Well, REV I guess it is a matter of taste, and design.. I am not a huge fan of most engraved guns, but love my RSSE.. thankfully no one is holding a flowery gun to your noggin telling you to buy one..

revhigh

Hawkeye
At least Wayno's gun above is REAL engraving and not the equivalent of putting your gun in a laser printer. As much as I don't like it and would never have that on any of MY guns, I can appreciate the workmanship behind REAL engraving.

REV

martyj

Blackhawk
I guess all things considered and You never know if you have a good or valuable gun till you see how it shoots.
"If you have a rifle you can shoot and hit what your aiming at don't part with it no matter what it looks like"
That is a quote from my Father and one I do live by.
Any how guys the good news I just found out is that there is some 2 digit engraved ones out there. My 670-00104 is #19 as far as the lowest serial number :cry:

hittman

Staff member
joeatact said:
I know where serial # 1 of this special run is. Say it Up for sale at $1000

Joe

So, the serial number on the gun as applied by Ruger is 670-00001 or "1 of 100" is lasered on the slide or it comes with documentation that this is the first one of the 100 they customized?

revhigh

Hawkeye
hittman said:
joeatact said:
I know where serial # 1 of this special run is. Say it Up for sale at $1000

Joe

So, the serial number on the gun as applied by Ruger is 670-00001 or "1 of 100" is lasered on the slide or it comes with documentation that this is the first one of the 100 they customized?

I think we all know the answer to that ..... :D

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
RugerHound said:
mike722 said:
one of these "1 of 100" guns just closed on Gunbroker, went for over 1600 bucks..

It sure did! I threw in the towel at 1225! lol

A fool and his money are soon parted ..... I wasn't going a penny over $1500 .... :roll:

My question is STILL .... HOW DID SOMEBODY GET 100 SR1911's when most dealers have NEVER SEEN ONE ??

REV

RugerHound

Hunter
revhigh said:
RugerHound said:
mike722 said:
one of these "1 of 100" guns just closed on Gunbroker, went for over 1600 bucks..

A fool and his money are soon parted ..... I wasn't going a penny over $1500 .... :roll:

My question is STILL .... HOW DID SOMEBODY GET 100 SR1911's when most dealers have NEVER SEEN ONE ??

REV

I'm already having remorse.. I kinda wanted to push the thing. With 100 of 'em out there, it won't be long before they'd double in value assuming the economy doesn't go haywire. I'm sure in 2 or 3 years (or 6 months) I'll see one selling for a lot more than someone got it for today!

revhigh

Hawkeye
RugerHound said:
With 100 of 'em out there, it won't be long before they'd double in value assuming the economy doesn't go haywire. I'm sure in 2 or 3 years (or 6 months) I'll see one selling for a lot more than someone got it for today!

Don't count on it ....

REV

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I'm beginning to believe some folks have never seen a special run of guns done up for a gun shop, distributor, or organization?

I have a "1 of 250" Encore with REAL cut engraving, special stocks, and embroidered sling. Half of them were award guns given out across Michigan and Wisconsin. Did it "double in value"? Nope. It was used to kill whitetails in blizzard conditions. Still not a mark on it, BTW.

special runs are neat to own, but really not that big a deal. Unless we're talking about Colt SAAs or pre-war Winchesters...

C'mon!

The Wall

Single-Sixer
Why don't you people that like all the fancy art work on your guns take your own gun and have it customized and then you'll have one of a kind instead of 1 of 100. Mine is one of a kind because it's the only one I have. :lol:

RugerHound

Hunter
revhigh said:
RugerHound said:
With 100 of 'em out there, it won't be long before they'd double in value assuming the economy doesn't go haywire. I'm sure in 2 or 3 years (or 6 months) I'll see one selling for a lot more than someone got it for today!

Don't count on it ....

REV

Uh huh... I didn't count on it! That's why I bailed at MSRP + 20%. :lol:

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
revhigh said:
RugerHound said:
mike722 said:

REV

Rev, Its not what you know, but WHO you know. That and money.... :wink:

Latest posts