SR1911 1 of 100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GKC

Blackhawk
martyj said:
GKC said:
You have all overlooked the orange sticker...that automatically makes it worth more.
Is that why one is a couple hundred dollars more on GB? That is an expensive sticker on there.
Are the oragne stickers worth more than the green ones on a mark ll?

It was a joke...referring back to a thread that was going a while back about the various colored stickers that come on Ruger guns.

martyj

Blackhawk
Yes I know but if I had the choice between two identical guns NIB I would take the one with the orange sticker and Im sure Im not the only one.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
The colored dot thread is a sticky. You need to post your colors and the inspectors name that appears on the test fired casing envelope. It was initially to try and see what the different colors meant. Just for fun.

Xcessive Carts

Bearcat
I just spook to Ellet Brothers. yes, they did produce the SE. But, they didnt actually number them from 1 to 100, so I have no way of determining what my exact number is. Doesnt really matter, I Love the gun, and Im going to shoot the hell out of it.

martyj

Blackhawk
Hear is were I got there email address
http://www.rugercustomshop.com/
The manager Tom Lent replies which is a pretty good deal and he is prompt besides.
It is at the bottom of this page. This way they cant be upset for me giving out email address.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
so from anyone who has actually handled one... is it engraved or etched, or lasered?

And is a custom run of 100 pcs going to be considered a "variant" of the base offering?

martyj

Blackhawk
"They are engraved and we use a laser in this process. We have brought laser to new heights at Baron and are doing many different and exciting things with them. Of course it is only one of the many processes that we use."
From Tom Lent

hittman

Staff member
mohavesam said:
And is a custom run of 100 pcs going to be considered a "variant" of the base offering?

For me, the "variant" is something offered by the factory and not a gun purchased by an outside source and modified. YMMV

Also, bugs me that every one of these "1 of 100" guns are "#1". In truth, you have 1 of 100, 2 of 100, 26 of 100, 83 of 100, etc.

martyj

Blackhawk
Hittman Also said:
Must be a Ruger thing. The last rst4 are all marked 1-5000.
Might be what they consider the new math they are teaching now days.
I guess they should of marked the D1 of 100

The Wall

Single-Sixer
martyj said:
mohavesam said:
Also, bugs me that every one of these "1 of 100" guns are "#1". In truth, you have 1 of 100, 2 of 100, 26 of 100, 83 of 100, etc.

Must be a Ruger thing. The last rst4 are all marked 1-5000.
Might be what they consider the new math they are teaching now days.
I guess they should of marked the D1 of 100
Each one is one of a total of 100 made. Seems perfectly clear to me.
You have 100 apples and you take one, you now have one out of the 100. And it's not a Ruger thing because Ruger didn't make or release these modified guns.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
The quote in the last two posts is NOT my posting. It is a line from a post by Hittman.

As I said in an earlier post, I have a few "one of xxx" guns and would certainly not expect to see the individual run sequence. What company has EVER done that? Maybe on a certificate, but never have seen that on the individual gun (high-dollar handmades excepted?)

mohavesam

Hawkeye
martyj said:
"They are engraved and we use a laser in this process. We have brought laser to new heights at Baron and are doing many different and exciting things with them. Of course it is only one of the many processes that we use."
From Tom Lent

They really ought to speak with Gary Reeder. He brought laser marking to new heights decades ago...

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
martyj said:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=269489847
Anyone know how they determine the serial # for these. I saw #670-00104 today and by my math they are not sequential.
I guess Ruger never was very good at counting or we wouldn't have D guns
Thanks martyj

If you saw SN 104, that means the subscription guns have been manufactured, and the non assigned guns have been shipped to distributors........The point is: If one wants low SN guns, it is very important to make some calls to your contacts..........May be too late, tho......... :? :roll:

revhigh

Hawkeye
I find it interesting that a supposed 'customizer' (term used VERY loosely) can get 100 of these things, but most regular gun dealers can't get ONE ....

If sticking a slide in a laser engraver and pressing a button, and screwing on a couple of $5 plastic grips is 'customizing' .... you can keep your supposed 'customized' guns.

PS ... did I mention that I DON'T WANT FLOWERS ON MY GUNS ?????

REV

DCRuger

Single-Sixer
I was just looking at one of these 3 days ago at my local dealer. Their asking price was $1,050 I think, or within a few bucks.
I liked the looks.
I also noted there was no way of telling where you fell in the 1 of 100 range. i asked the counter guy, and his supervisor, who did them? Talo maybe? They said Ruger. I mentioned they weren't in the website. Thanks for the info on them.i guess i ought to tell the dealer? :>)

D.

revhigh said:
PS ... did I mention that I DON'T WANT FLOWERS ON MY GUNS ?????

REV

Yep you did. But I've lost count.

No reason to get angry. Just don't buy one. :lol:

And I on the other hand, happen to like this kind of stuff. See, it all comes out even.
P1000042.jpg

WAYNO. 8)

revhigh

Hawkeye
WAYNO said:
No reason to get angry. Just don't buy one. :lol:

And I on the other hand, happen to like this kind of stuff. See, it all comes out even.

WAYNO. 8)

Who's angry ??? Don't worry about me buying one. They're all yours .... :D

REV

Latest posts