SR1911 1 of 100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Xcessive Carts

Bearcat
I paid $949.99 at my LSG. If I put it away unfired it would be worth probably Double. But, I bought it to shoot, and thats what i do with it. The laser Engraving is not for everyone, but it works for me. If you dont like it, dont buy it. My wife has a Walther ppk/s SE, she liked it, bought it, shot it. We dont care what they are worth, we care about if we like it, and how it shoots.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Xcessive Carts said:
I paid $949.99 at my LSG. If I put it away unfired it would be worth probably Double. But, I bought it to shoot, and thats what i do with it. The laser Engraving is not for everyone, but it works for me. If you dont like it, dont buy it. My wife has a Walther ppk/s SE, she liked it, bought it, shot it. We dont care what they are worth, we care about if we like it, and how it shoots.

Flawless logic and presentation! 8) :wink:

revhigh

Hawkeye
RugerHound said:
revhigh said:
RugerHound said:
With 100 of 'em out there, it won't be long before they'd double in value assuming the economy doesn't go haywire. I'm sure in 2 or 3 years (or 6 months) I'll see one selling for a lot more than someone got it for today!

Don't count on it ....

REV

Uh huh... I didn't count on it! That's why I bailed at MSRP + 20%. :lol:

Good choice ... I would have bailed at MSRP - 60% for that cheaply done 'customized' gun. Wait till that 'engraving' starts wearing off.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
RugerHound said:
I bailed at MSRP + 20%.

I threw in the towel at 1225! :lol:

By the way .... MSRP + 20% would be $960 .... not $1225. :D

To each their own !

REV

Xcessive Carts

Bearcat
Why do people feel the need to Insult other peoples taste in guns? Each person has their own taste in guns, as well as cars, clothes, house...etc. IF YOU DONT LIKE HOW IT LOOKS.....LOOK THE OTHER WAY

revhigh

Hawkeye
Xcessive Carts said:
Each person has their own taste in guns, as well as cars, clothes, house...etc. IF YOU DONT LIKE HOW IT LOOKS.....LOOK THE OTHER WAY

Opinions are like ... well ... you know what ... everybody has one ...

I could also say ... If you don't like another person's opinion ... don't read it. This is a thread about the 1 or 100 series guns .... did you really think EVERYBODY would jump all over them and praise them just because YOU like them ? It's just an internet forum ... discussions have TWO sides.

Me stating my opinion of not liking it is no different from you stating your opinion that you DO like it.

As I said ... to each their own ... buy it if you like it and spend $5000 if you want to ... just don't be surprised if the anticipated 'appreciation' never occurs and the supposed 'engraving' wears away with use or holstering.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
I was going by the $799 MSRP of the base gun ... not by the supposed $999 of the 'customized' gun. If you were using that it would have been $1200.

They're calling that a 'Limited Edition' ??? ROFLMAO !!! :D

It's 'Limited' all right .....

REV

The Wall

Single-Sixer
I don't buy guns because they are collectible, like limited editions, or relics/antiques, so I don't really know how it effects the value. Does being a limited edition made and released by the guns manufacture make it more collectible, and valuable? In other words, if these guns were customized and released by Ruger would they be worth more?

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
The Wall said:
I don't buy guns because they are collectible, like limited editions, or relics/antiques, so I don't really know how it effects the value. Does being a limited edition made and released by the guns manufacture make it more collectible, and valuable? In other words, if these guns were customized and released by Ruger would they be worth more?

YES........(provenance..) 8)