Sling for a PC9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hello everyone!

I have a Ruger PC9 and it is one WELL BUILT Carbine! Wanted one for years to go with my P85 and finally found one at a Gun Show for $450.00.

Only thing is there is no sling attachment.

Anyone out there know about a good sling for a PC9 that doesn't take too much work or refitting?

Thanks,
GREAT FORUM!
Mike

I liked my PC9 so much I sprung for a Ruger Sling to go with it the black nylon one with the Red Ruger Eagle on it.

The rifle should I think have the screw in studs with holes in them for the quick disconnect mounts.... if not they are easy to install..

Rat76

Single-Sixer
Screw-in stud in the butt stock. Front is on the barrel band.

pc09.jpg

Nope, no QDs on it. Now that you mention it, the pictures I used to look at did have mounts, but none on this gun. Not even a hole or a spot where they should be. Other than missing mounts for a sling, this is one of my favorite Rugers. In a SHTF situation, I would be hard put to decide between the PC9 and my P85 using the same ammo and mags, or grabbing my Mini14.

Ok, so anyone out there know what is the best QD mounts to put in?

And "tanks for da info!"
Mike

Al James

Hunter
I would recommend using the front barrel band to attach the front mount. You should be able to call Ruger and order the proper front stud. It is designed to slide between the small gap in the bottom of the front band. Be aware that the forend houses the counterweight and drilling into it would be not be good. As for the rear I would recommend that you have a competent Gunsmith install it for you. That is unless you have the proper tool/jig to properly center the stud on the center line of the bottom edge of the stock. Unless someone else beats me to it I will measure the distance from the butt plate to the center of the stud so that your stud will be in the correct factory position. BTW I did an image search on Google and found several other PC's with no studs, so your not alone. Makes me wonder what the thought process was by not making them standard from the beginning. COFFEEPOT would know the answer for sure as he was one of the designers of the PC's! I miss his posts here!

mrmike7189

Single-Sixer
:) congrats on a fantastic rifle....i got mine for 498 bucks on gunsamerica and it loves its baby brother the P89....they share ammo alot and mags too! the parts are hard to find....but slings are one thing i'v e seen a lot of....ruger customer service can get you the parts....look on midwayusa.com and brownells for photos of the parts too. good luck send some photos of the finished product
[email protected]

berettapistols

Blackhawk
I came across several Used PC-9s locally for $400ea..

If I get time I'm thinking about putting the best looking one on layaway..

I ASSUME that $400 is a decent price??
My buddy bought one a while back for $325 with four magazines..

Let me find out a bit more & I'll post were they are so others can take advantage..

BTW they all had sling mounts & had a black nylon dual magazine holder on the butt stock..

Those nylon mag holders on the stock are collectors items... they aren't made any more.... I think $400 is just about right for a good used one right now.....

Let us know when and where after you get yours....

berettapistols

Blackhawk
Blume 357
I have decided to pass on the PC-9 for now, Due to lack of funds..
Being they only had 8-10 of them left & only two that I would think of buying I will post the info here only..

$400 Ruger PC-9s 1-One 15rd magazine & Magazine holder + Sling & Swivels
Orion Arms Corp. Formerly Kiesler's Police Supply
3300 Industrial Pkwy
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Phone # 812-284-4867

Wish the Finacial Advisers would grace me with their precence & I'd be all over one of these..
Also NOTE: These are NOT the GR Ghost Ring sight models..
The rear sight appears to be from a MKII Target..

Owners Manual for the PC9/PC4 available online Here From Ruger
http://www.ruger.com/products/_manuals/rugerCarbine.pdf

The magazine holders look similar to this & also has a sling & mounts.
I'd guess Used Police Carbines or Were used in a prison..
pix508312000.jpg

pix508311718.jpg

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
I have a PC9 that does not have the rear sling mount. Its marked Police carbine and is #68. I also have a PC4 and it does have a rear sling mount. I know you want to have a sling on it but if its marked like mine would it be worth more if you didn't add the mount to it? Of course thats only if you were going to sell it I know mine will be with me for as long as I can shoot it. Dusterman

roylt

Hunter
I went to http://www.kiesler.com/police/productdetail.aspx?cat=2043&pid=22569 and it looks like you have to be an officer of some sort to buy?

Also the price is $310 plus freight.

Any LEO's around Iowa that would want to buy one and resell it to me? At least I think that is legal right?

berettapistols

Blackhawk
Kiesler's does not sell to the general public any longer & they are a different store than Orion Arms..
They are located at a different store front about two miles away..
I know Both Doug & Wes Keisler & have for 25+ years..
I'd pay the extra $90 for one that's not rusted too..
I was over near there today but was busy & couldn't stop..
There in Indiana about 5 miles from the river that leads to Louisville KY..

Latest posts