Seeking Mini 14 sling suggestion

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
I almost dropped my mini the other day because although the wood stock is beautiful, it is quite slick and almost slipped from my hands when I was putting it in the safe.

I think a sling would give me something to hold on to……I welcome suggestions. Thank you

hittman

Staff member
For me slings and gun safes don't mix. Tumbling dominoes come to mind.

Mine has the sling that came with it.
20221009_084750.jpg

To each his own, I remove every rifle that I carry with a sling before going into the safe(s). If that's all you want a sling for order the cheapest sling on Amazon. If you have other ideas of use mention so.

Walter Rego

Single-Sixer
One sling I cannot recommend is the web sling from Tech Sights. It is very similar to the post war M1 Garand slings but made in 1" width. The issue was the metal tab on the end was too thick to pass through the factory sling swivels.

I ended up buying a length of 1" nylon webbing and some plastic tri-glides from Amazon and assembling my own. I think the materials cost around $18 and there were enough to make 3 slings if you need them for other rifles. Or want to make a couple for friends.
Ruger blew it by the dimensions of their swivels, or not providing studs so people could use the old QD Uncle Mikes swivels in their choice of widths. That would have made the choices for sling types a whole lot easier.

Latest posts