A Sling swivel for Ruger #3 barrel band?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tacotime

Single-Sixer
Is there an available sling swivel mount that is part of the Ruger #3 barrel band? Trying to avoid the clamping magazine tube kind that clamps on the barrel itself.

Tom in Ohio

Bearcat
Check out Grovtec. They make a 10/22 barrel band that accepts a QD sling swivel. I think it's the same size. I also have a No. 3 that I want to put a sling on, but I'm going with Grovtech's barrel mount that completely encircles the barrel (I'm also ditching the forend band and reshaping the forend).

Tom in Ohio

Bearcat
Sorry, the 10/22 band is by Samson and a available from Ruger.

1684880211080.jpeg

New England Custom Gun (NECG) should have something that might work,.. or see if Ruger has anything. The only thing is that the barrel-banded front sight would have to be removed. I actually upgraded mine on a No.1 custom rifle and went with all-NECG parts instead of the Ruger stuff. The NECG allows a much better selection of front sight inserts that are easier to change.

tacotime

Single-Sixer
Well maybe so... the reason for the other approach was that the rifle had a shortened forearm with no barrel band, so the forearm was only retained by the single screw that sits at the bottom and close to the receiver, which would be too weak for a stud mounted out toward the front. But the rifle in question will still have it's barrel band, and so I can look at a simple stud into the wood. Thanks for mentioning!

Tom in Ohio

Bearcat
Well maybe so... the reason for the other approach was that the rifle had a shortened forearm with no barrel band, so the forearm was only retained by the single screw that sits at the bottom and close to the receiver, which would be too weak for a stud mounted out toward the front.
The No. 1-B and No. 1-V both have sling swivels mounted to their forends and they're held on with the same bolt as the No. 3. It's strong enough.

Sgt Duncan

Bearcat
The No. 1-B and No. 1-V both have sling swivels mounted to their forends and they're held on with the same bolt as the No. 3. It's strong enough.
Agreed. I have a #1 30-06 I built out of a barreled action 1976 and carried for years in the mountains of Nevada chasing Mule Deer. Extra long length of pull and more than a pound heavier than a #3. Sling swivel stud in forearm and no problems whatsoever

straightshooter

Bearcat
so tacotime,
did you ever get the sling swivel you were looking for. sorry i'm late to the party but ruger did make a factory swivel set for the barrel band carbines that used the stock barrel band and barrel band screw. hasn't anyone ever wondered why the barrel band screw was shaped the way it was with the little smooth tip extended the way it is?

Attachments

• ruger sling swivel (3).JPG
    ruger sling swivel (3).JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 46
  • ruger sling swivel (1).JPG
    ruger sling swivel (1).JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 35
  • ruger sling swivel screw.jpg
    ruger sling swivel screw.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts