Just saw a Brand New Mini 14 Factory Folder with 'Side Sling Ring Loop' on Gas Block for $1500

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Actnbill

Single-Sixer
I Just saw a Brand New Mini 14 Factory Folder with 'Side Sling Ring Loop' on Gas Block at my Local Gun Store.....( along with flash suppressor and bayonet lug )

It's not a big deal to see a new Mini 14 with a factory folder ( esp. with Samson making them as well )..... but....

It has a front sling loop on the Left Side of the Gas Block....( aka...80's vintage factory folder ) and not on the center of the Gas Block like every other Mini 14

This is a nice homage to the original Mini 14 Factory folders with side sling loops, flash suppressor and bayonet lug..... ( wish I took a picture of it )

I Just saw a Brand New Mini 14 Factory Folder with 'Side Sling Ring Loop' on Gas Block at my Local Gun Store.....( along with flash suppressor and bayonet lug )

It's not a big deal to see a new Mini 14 with a factory folder ( esp. with Samson making them as well )..... but....

It has a front sling loop on the Left Side of the Gas Block....( aka...80's vintage factory folder ) and not on the center of the Gas Block like every other Mini 14

This is a nice homage to the original Mini 14 Factory folders with side sling loops, flash suppressor and bayonet lug..... ( wish I took a picture of it )
are you sure it was a new manufacture and NOT new old stock

Actnbill

Single-Sixer
yep.....Brand New....has the new type tapered barrel and not the old pencil type barrel like on my Original 80's folder

To my knowledge, Ruger has never made a newer barrel type Mini 14 with a LH side gas block sling loop before.....only on the old pencil barrels ( till now )

Last edited:

Actnbill

Single-Sixer
I bet it does as well..... I had 2 NIB stainless but my bro wanted one..... down to one......may have to get one of these new 'period correct' cousins....but $1500 is gonna be a lot to slide past the Warden these days

gunzo

Hunter
My how things change. About 1980 a Mini was about half the price of a basic Colt AR. Now, a Mini, the dolled up version is same money as some of the nicer fully optioned AR's available.

Both platforms have been up graded over the years & each have stood the test of time. So much different yet so much alike.

OMCHamlin

Single-Sixer
I just wandered into a local gun shop in time to see them take in an old Feather Industries wood folding stock for the Mini 14, which I "think" is a precursor to the factory Ruger folder, AND the installed pistol grip is an old Lone Star Ordnance oversized trap door grip, which are now also sought after. It could use a light refinishing, and would be mine, but I bought a new Samson.

Last edited:

Actnbill

Single-Sixer
The Samsons are really nice.....I bought a 'B-team' folder for my stainless 10/22....looks sweet....

The best I can tell is the Samson folder and the Ruger are the same folder.....

( Funny how they are located about 30 minutes away from one another...hmmm )

TINCANBANDIT is back

Single-Sixer
Samson makes that gas block cover, it's called the BA Sling Point ( for BA Baracus)

2023-12-19 15_10_33-B.A. Sling Point Gas Cap for the Ruger® Mini-14® and Mini Thirty® and 16 m...png

Actnbill

Single-Sixer
I checked with Samson....and they only sell the top of the Gas block with a side loop hole on it.....unlike the Original Ruger Folder which has the loop ring hole cast into the LH side of the lower gas block itself..... ( and now Ruger is remaking it the Original way as on the 80's folders ) I don't think Samson will make the lower gas block now that Ruger has reintroduced it on their factory folder Mini's.....

Another bonus of Ruger's new factory folder Mini..... is a picture of a 'Factory 20rd Stainless Magazine' .......

This is Unobtainium ....... I don't think these Ever existed before...... ( though I am thinking they are actually Ruger nickel plated mags )

Latest posts