scope problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roger460xvr

Bearcat
I mounted the weaver 301 base sys on my new model 41mag with the weaver quick detachable medium rings... the problem is i need to lower where it is hitting on the bulleye but ran out of adjustment on the t/c scope i have mounted in the rings?? what do i need to DO??

Dale53

Blackhawk
An excellent solution to the problem is to replace the Weaver rings with Burris Signature Rings. The ring inserts can be replaced with offset inserts (without putting ANY strain on the scope) and you can, depending on how much offset you select, get major sight changes. Then, you can fine tune with the scope adjustments.

I have used these on a number of rifles and pistols that I have scoped.

The base must allow the use of standard Weaver Rings and you must get the "Weaver Style" Burris Signature Rings.

They are not terribly expensive either. They have more holding power than standard rings and will NOT mark your scope.

One caveat - the inserts are polymer, and can creep a bit after they are first tightened. The solution is simple, just re-tighten them the next day. Then, they are good!

Dale53

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
If your scope base is sitting on top of the rear sight ears it can make the base look down. I had that problem with a Bisley .357. Solution was to cut a thin shim for under the front of the sight base. I would recommend a piece of plasticized thin cardboard like an old sample credit card. You know the ones they used to send in the mail all the time. :D

000_0002-1.jpg

...Jimbo

RADAR

Bearcat
I had the exact opposite problem on my Super Blackhawk. The mount would not level until I squeezed in the grip on the barrel, and added a washer under the spacer where it mounted in the rear sight spot.
All worked out well...here's a pic
004.jpg

Please don't blast me for the grips/scope, it's a hunter.

roger460xvr

Bearcat
I dont know what to try..maybe different rings- lower or higher??
maybe a shim or washer? or just put my burris fastfire reddot back on it...........i think i'll call weaver tomorrow and see what they say..

roger460xvr

Bearcat
well i called midway and got weavers no. but the guy i taked to was no help at all...................he kind to try and blame the t/c scope said it didn;t have enough range of adjustment. that dont sound right.

roger460xvr

Bearcat
where should i shim at mike??i ran out of adjustment when i was bringing it down i still needed to go down about another 6in. to be on the bulls at 50yds>>roger

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Shim the front of the scope base like I said before. You should try to get the scope to point naturally at the target when the adjustments are near center. This will give the sharpest picture and the most adjustment. :D

...JImbo

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
roger460xvr":xirlrvau said:
I mounted the weaver 301 base sys on my new model 41mag with the weaver quick detachable medium rings... the problem is i need to lower where it is hitting on the bulleye but ran out of adjustment on the t/c scope i have mounted in the rings?? what do i need to DO??

If you are aiming at the bull's eye and your bullets are hitting high on the target then you need to lower (down) the scope adjustment. If that doesn't go far enough you need to shim the front of the scope base to lower where the bullets are hitting. :D

ScopeAngle.jpg

...JImbo

roger460xvr

Bearcat
well jimbo it WORKED i;m so happy now,,. good thing i didnt just order differnt rings before i tried the shimming under the front base ... thanks again for all the help... roger