Powder coating

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
I'm not sixshot,,, but I'll throw in here.
Paint is a powder to begin with.
Yes, you can re-use the unused portion of paint. I shake my excess off by dumping the coated bullets in a colander, over a plastic tub. Once finished,,, I put it all back in a sealed tub for later use.

Yep, one coat, bake & enjoy!

Chief 101

Hunter
sounds like a tasty recipe, I tried it with 30 caliber bullets...I coated them and loaded them to about 1800fps....we see how it works.

contender

Ruger Guru
I'd say yes it is. I've never fooled with PCing anything until sixshot started it & shared his info. Once again,,, he was right,,, PCing bullets has been a good thing.

stevemb

Hunter
Ok, why the specific to use black airsoft BB's ? Enquiring weird minds wanna know.

contender

Ruger Guru
For whatever reason,,, the black pellets, combined with the HF red, and the #5 container all create the best static cling of the paint to the lead. Something to do with the chemical makeup of the colors.

stevemb

Hunter
Thank You ! The adventure continues. My first try at PC'ing was not pretty but keyholing disappeared and groups shrunk in half. So...I'm in !

sixshot

Buckeye
The pellets are helping create static electricity & thats what helps the paint bond to the bullet. The black pellets do a better job of this than other colored pellets. You can get by just using the #5 cup but the pellets help speed up the process & better coating.

Dick