Picked this up the other day.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Spinbang

Bearcat
In my LGS the other day just looking. There is usually a very poor selection of used guns but I have had my eye out for another good house gun so I keep trying. I saw this and couldn't resist. I'm not really a Ruger fan but this will do fine. Seems really clean, probably not more than a box or two through it. Took it down, easy clean and re-lube. Ill get it to the range in a few weeks and see how it really is. Thought you all might like a look.

Terry T

Buckeye
Very nice, unusually clean, low back, SDA-34. This has some collector value as well as shooter value.
These were later (after the introduction of the high back grip frame) called Police Service Sixs.
By the way, grip panels are NOT interchangeable between low back and high back grips and after market grips must specify "for early low back grip frame."
The grip frames were changed about (there is a 30,000 ser. no. over lap) when the ser. no. prefix changed from 150- to 151-.
Terry T

hesco

Bearcat
Been eyeballing a low back at a gun shop across the river from me, not nearly in as good shape as yours.

Nice grab. Great condition and they are great shooters. The Six series grips are too small for me. As Terry T said, if you want to replace them you need to find grips for the earlier 150 series. I have found them on ebay and Gunbroker. Easy guns to take apart and clean or work on. Congrats, you may soon become a "Ruger fan".