New Match Champion

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
They must have just released a new production run of the Match Champion III. I missed out on the last ones I saw last year and wasn't about to miss out again. Shot it today and I like it a lot, grip, trigger, accuracy all top notch. This is the only Match Champion .357 with the interchangeable front sight that I prefer and it's already been swapped out for a Dawson unit in 1/10" that my old eyes like.

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
The thinner profile changes the weight and balance too. Feels great. Not a huge fan of the tapered cylinder but I can live with it.

contender

Ruger Guru
For many years,, I resisted the GP line. Why? Well, having a Security-Six,, I didn't see the need. They I picked up a Match Champion. Dern it,, now I own (3) GP's. All wear the MC grips too. I LIKE them.

And you have a nice one there too! Kudos on getting one!

Fine revolver.
20230119_043233.jpg

Zeke38

Bearcat
Looks great, the interchangable front sight looks like a great assest on that GP. Keep us posted on how it shoots!

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
Another wonderful feature of this GP is the fact that the "Warning Label" is on the underside of the barrel where it belongs. That warning label is the main reason I don't have another GP.

Detective Rog

Bearcat
They must have just released a new production run of the Match Champion III. I missed out on the last ones I saw last year and wasn't about to miss out again. Shot it today and I like it a lot, grip, trigger, accuracy all top notch. This is the only Match Champion .357 with the interchangeable front sight that I prefer and it's already been swapped out for a Dawson unit in 1/10" that my old eyes like.

Sweet looking for sure! I can't tell online........is it a 4" or 5" barrel. Very nice though.

Latest posts