My "new" P90

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pierow

Blackhawk
My KP-90 MKII were the first two guns I purchased not knowing much about firearms. I consider myself lucky with the choices. At first, in my ignorance I thought my P-90 was of a sloppy design as I noticed how the barrel floats as the slide cycles. The opposite of the tightness of an eventual 1911 I acquired.

I hear 1911 enthusiasts talk about how tight they like their guns with no rattle or movement when their guns are jostled a bit but then I also hear of perfectly functioning older 1911's that have the slight or rattle like the P-90's. My assumption has always been that one of the reasons the P-90's are so reliable and tolerant of whatever you feed them is in part due to the loosness of its design. It is a great gun and with the Hogue grips it feels perfect in my hand.

Pierow

Glasstream15

Bearcat
My KP90 is the reason I don't have (and probably won't have) a 1911. The only reason I'd want a 1911 now is for history. They say you can throw a Glock in the mud, pick it up and keep shooting. I think I could throw my KP90 in the mud, run over it with a truck, use it as a hammer to build a house and still not miss a shot or mess up the accuracy. If it just wasn't so dang HEAVY! I carry it, in the winter, one in the chamber, hammer down. Long, heavy trigger pull makes me feel safe doing so.

If you hadn't noticed, I LOVE MY RUGER!!!!

BrittB

Single-Sixer
Yes, the Hogue grips are a great addition to a great gun. I'll carry mind in the winter months, the rest of the time I have either a LC9 with the frickin' laser or a FEG PA-63 in 9mm Makarov.

P90

Single-Sixer
Ruger KP90DC. "The best, of the best". Congratulations on owning one. Someday people will want one, and they won't be available, at a reasonable price.

BrittB

Single-Sixer
I spotted one at my LGS for $375 if anyone in NW Oregon is looking for one. KP90DC to boot in Woodburn!

JTQ

Bearcat
I notice the OP's P90 has a lanyard ring. Is there a timeline for them or were they on certain models?

I don't really care about a lanyard ring, one way or the other, but do they identify a pistol or model from a certain era?

BrittB

Single-Sixer
Mine is a 1991 model and has it. I don't really use it or even pay any attention to it though.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
P90 is a great pistol, actually all the p pistols are great. I put Hogue grips on all my P pistols except P95 and P97 they really help. I have trijicon sights on my P944 and like them and am planning on Trijico for my Sr40c.