My New Mark IV 10" Barrel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Ok Guy's/Gal's

Finally have my new Ruger Mark IV 10" finished, well at least for the most part. I hate the Volquartsen scope rail on it. I have the Ruger factory rail coming. I should get it Saturday. But here she is for now. I have all the Volquartsen innards in her along with the Competition Target Grips and a Simmons Tubed type Red Dot which I prefer. Could not find my usual Millett Tube type Red Dot that I usually can get and like but this Simmons seams like it was made by the same company, so it should work just fine.

I tried the C-More Red Dot. Just a cheaper model, really did not care for it. Can't wait to get the much thinner scope rail on her. Should be a steel plate killing machine though.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Beruisis,
I took her out today, windy and cold temp around 51 degrees. Sighted the red dot in quickly. I was not shooting target ammo, but my go to steel plate ammo. 25 yards I was getting a group of 1/2" with two or three fliers out of ten rounds. I was shooting Remington Thunderbolts. When the temp warms up a little and the wind stops, I will get some groupings using CCI SV and post pictures. Happy so far with her though. 1 stove pipe today out of the 100 rounds that I have fired. First problem out of the first 300 rounds.

hboswell

Bearcat
I see that you took advantage of the Volquartsen sale on the scope mount, but, you don't like how it sits so high. I have the same rail on one of my Mark ll targets and I agree that it sits pretty high, however, you can use the factory sights even with an optic attached which is nice. I don't like the way the mount sticks out over the barrel so I cut mine off to leave just 9 slots which allows room to mount the 30mm red dot like yours. I have a couple of these mounted up, but, they only have 8 slots so I am limited to using red dots with smaller center sections like the 1" Ultradot's. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Msp-Ruger-Mark-I-Ii-Iii-Scope-Link-See-Through-Mount-Picatinny-Silver/133138368297

I just ordered one of these from Midway and it has 9 slots and doesn't extend over the barrel. It will take the 30mm red dot just fine and sits much lower than the Volquartsen. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019657990?pid=606769 They are on sale for $28 right now.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Yes a lot of people like the Tandemkross better than all the others. I like the Ruger style to get my Red Dot as low to the barrel as possible. Yes I did notice the Volquartsen could use factory sights also which is nice but I have quick release on my Red Dot so if I need the factory sights I still can use them. I absolutely hated the Volquartsen. Thanks for the link.

Here she is with the Ruger Rail and the Red Dot I will be using on her. Love this setup.