Gonna order a new Mark IV tomorrow

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bear007

Bearcat
Ordered and done. Thanks to all for your comments. It did help.

I just over analyze all the options when buying a new gun ugh. Sometimes you just have to pick one and go with it. As someone posted above, ya can't go wrong here lol! I did order the Diamond Gray Anodized LITE I showed above in post #16. It should be here Wednesday morning.

Factory option muzzle device.

Attachments

• 20230107_152607.jpg
    20230107_152607.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 47
Ordered and done. Thanks to all for your comments. It did help.

….. I did order the Diamond Gray Anodized LITE I showed above in post #16. It should be here Wednesday morning.

If I was in the market for a Mark IV 22/45 Lite, that's the model I would get. Last week my LGS had a used one in gold for $425 (mint) that i looked over, it was very tempting…

I guess the only real question is ... do you think the Target model 5.5" bull barrel is significantly more accurate than the stainless 4.4" barrel in the Aluminum LITE model?
I don't think you could go wrong with whatever model you choose. I've got a Mark II and the Mark IV 22/45 Lite. Accuracy is close, but I feel it's slightly better with the Mark II. But at the same time, the II is heavier, and I've had more practice with it.

I've been thinking about another Mark IV. I saw "Grab A Gun" has the 75th Anniversary Mark IV's in stock. They are really looking good.

bear007

Bearcat
I don't think you could go wrong with whatever model you choose. I've got a Mark II and the Mark IV 22/45 Lite. Accuracy is close, but I feel it's slightly better with the Mark II. But at the same time, the II is heavier, and I've had more practice with it.

I've been thinking about another Mark IV. I saw "Grab A Gun" has the 75th Anniversary Mark IV's in stock. They are really looking good.
I saw that in the Grab a Gun emails too.

bear007

Bearcat
Get the Tandemkross Game Changer Pro compensator for it. It works and is very easy to keep clean.
I see there is a Game Changer and a Game Changer Pro. Many of the pics in this thread have the Game Changer or some brand very close to it. I don't see any with the Pro on it.
Hmm?

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
The Pro is much easier to clean. It is heavier and gives you a little less muzzle flip. I started with the Game Changer but eventually went with the Pro.

bear007

Bearcat
Received my new Mark IV LITE 22/45 today, already gave it a quick cleaning and it will probably be at the range tomorrow.

bear007

Bearcat
Well I did go to the range today with the new Mark IV LITE but I didn't get to shoot too much. My grand daughter decided she wanted to come along for her FIRST TIME ever shooting. After taking the first couple shots to make sure the MK IV LITE was functioning properly my grand daughter took the gun and just hogged up all our shooting time for today. Lol! She enjoyed herself and is ready to go again. She already wants me to buy her one of the the purple Mark IV LITE models, 🤣🤣🤣 not so fast girl!

I did get the opportunity to take 3 shots from 7 yds using a block to see that it was grouping 1.5" low and 2" left which is what I expected from a quick boresight before walking out the door. For today I just told my grand daughter to keep on shooting and enjoy it, I'll adjust the sights on the next trip.

(Good day, 0 failures in about 150 shots with 36 gr. CCI Mini Mags, nor did I expect any failures)

Latest posts