Ruger Mark IV 75th Anniversary

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Air-cooled

Single-Sixer
I went into our local shop (Bear Arms) with the intention of ordering a 75th Anniversary Mark IV. As I walked up to the register, I noticed a cardboard Ruger box sitting on the counter right next to the register. A strange thought in me wondered if it was the gun I wanted. I told the guy at the register that I'd like to order a Mark IV 75th. He reached over and grabbed the box, opened it, and inside there was the gun I was asking about! He said, you're in luck, they just delivered this an hour ago! No joke, this is true. They billed me $100 less than MSRP and I didn't even ask for a discount. What a day! I've been waiting for years for Ruger to come out with this pistol which, to me, is the Mark IV most reminiscent of the German Luger.

Attachments

• g copy.jpg
    g copy.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 219
I was going to ask a question, about the barrel of this model. Instead of a new thread, why not just ask on this one?

Q: Is the barrel profile of this 75th Anniversary model similar to a heavy taper Mark II target model? Or is it smaller diameter?

chet15

Hawkeye
The new 5th anniversary is on the left, the original tapered barrel is on the right (happens to be a Mk 1 but the Mk II is the same)
Never noticed that before... That's probably why they called it a Standard. I wonder why they put such a heavy taper on it instead of using the old 6-7/8" target profile? Looks goofy like that. With a smaller diameter muzzle, I wonder if it will shoot high?
Chet15

Latest posts