LC9 Got one comin'

Help Support Ruger Forum:

8th ID

Bearcat
In the past I've carried Glocks, CZ's, S&W, Kahr and Kel-Tec. All were nice semi's. But I'm a small guy (5' 6) and could never get one to fit and conceal well. Then I tried a KT PF-9. Not a bad one, plenty small enough but had problems with it. Looked at the LC9, and had a friend give me details on the actual pistol when he was at SHOT. I've got a LC9 on reserve at Bud's. I'm hoping it will be the one. I would've liked to see more reports before I bit, but I'll take my chances. As soon as I get it I will get her out and report back.

Scott

Single-Sixer
Please do report back; I'm debating between the LC9 and the LCP for a smaller carry gun than my full size SR9.

Strange

Bearcat
Scott said:
Please do report back; I'm debating between the LC9 and the LCP for a smaller carry gun than my full size SR9.
I carry a LCP and looking forward to trying on the LC9 but it will have to be a great fit to replace my LCP. The LCP is just so easy to carry that it never profiles regardless of how I carry it..

8th ID

Bearcat
My brother-in-law, who also went out to SHOT, told me the LC9 looked and felt sweet. I know it takes a lot of flack for all the "California Safeties" etc. As far as I know the magazine disconnect can be taken care of, and the manual thumb safety doesn't have to be used. My BIL told me that he really doesn't see a way that the thumb safety could be accidentally placed 'ON." He's a serious gun guy and carries daily and I trust his opinions. Hopefully I'll have mine soon!

Boge

Single-Sixer
I'm thinking a lot of people are going to see one locally before Bud's fills their backlog of orders for this. I'd wager they have thousands of orders at that price. :wink:

mrbumps

Blackhawk
8th ID said:
My brother-in-law, who also went out to SHOT, told me the LC9 looked and felt sweet. I know it takes a lot of flack for all the "California Safeties" etc. As far as I know the magazine disconnect can be taken care of, and the manual thumb safety doesn't have to be used. My BIL told me that he really doesn't see a way that the thumb safety could be accidentally placed 'ON." He's a serious gun guy and carries daily and I trust his opinions. Hopefully I'll have mine soon!

That is true about the thumb safety. Mine is pretty hard to push into the on position. I don't see how you could accidently push the safety on.

8th ID

Bearcat
Boge said:
I'm thinking a lot of people are going to see one locally before Bud's fills their backlog of orders for this. I'd wager they have thousands of orders at that price. :wink:

Yeah, unfortunately for me, you are probably correct. I live in the same town as Bud's, so at least when they get them in, I can go down there and pick mine up and won't have to wait on shipping.

Verndog

Blackhawk
8th ID said:
In the past I've carried Glocks, CZ's, S&W, Kahr and Kel-Tec. All were nice semi's. But I'm a small guy (5' 6) and could never get one to fit and conceal well. Then I tried a KT PF-9. Not a bad one, plenty small enough but had problems with it. Looked at the LC9, and had a friend give me details on the actual pistol when he was at SHOT. I've got a LC9 on reserve at Bud's. I'm hoping it will be the one. I would've liked to see more reports before I bit, but I'll take my chances. As soon as I get it I will get her out and report back.

There seems to be some huge differences in price on the LC9. Last I saw Buds had them at $389.00 and I just checked Kentucky Guns and they have them at $329.00...both on backorder still. :shock:

http://www.kygunco.com/products2.cfm/ID/36319

8th ID

Bearcat
Verndog--

Wish I had seen that before putting one on reserve at Bud's. Oh well, who knows how long it's gonna take anyway. At least, the price is locked in and can't be increased.

Specs

Single-Sixer
I have heard from a little bird that Ruger is working hard to try to meet the demand. Me, I'm waiting for awhile.

Verndog

Blackhawk
8th ID said:
Verndog--

Wish I had seen that before putting one on reserve at Bud's. Oh well, who knows how long it's gonna take anyway. At least, the price is locked in and can't be increased.

Well false alarm on that price of $329.00 from kygunco.com. I got an email notice that they now have the LC9 in stock so I followed the link and their price is NOW $389.00! Looks like they were playing a game with the price. :roll:

No bite from me, I'm going to ride this out and see what prices and more reviews tell. My SR9c is running excellent and I have carry pretty well figured out with it...I'm in no hurry at this point. Maybe by summer they'll have a stainless version to match big brother. :)

flkent

Bearcat
I'm not feeling so bad about paying a little over $400 for mine last Saturday (but then, I wasn't feeling bad anyway). At least I've got mine and so far it's living up to expectations.

welldoya

Single-Sixer
Remember how hard it was to find an LCP for over a year after they first came out ? I'm afraid it will be the same with this one.
We will probably start seeing silly prices on Gunbroker before long.
As I remember, some people paid as much as $500 for the LCP.