Knife sharpening

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I've tried a lot of sharpeners over the years and landed on the Lansky system. For some reason I could never use the diamond version very well. So I've stuck with the stone version. it's consistent and gives you a razors edge.

Sharpening a knife isn't that hard, but you have to take your time with it. In a pinch, I've even sharpened a pocket knife on the bottom of a coffee cup.
Edge of the car window works great as well.

Gopher

Single-Sixer
I've tried a lot of sharpeners over the years and landed on the Lansky system. For some reason I could never use the diamond version very well. So I've stuck with the stone version. it's consistent and gives you a razors edge.

Sharpening a knife isn't that hard, but you have to take your time with it. In a pinch, I've even sharpened a pocket knife on the bottom of a coffe cup.

You have to get the knife holder back in the exact place you had it to start with for a touch-up or you will have to start all over again.

I have owned many over the years. Nothing beats a RADA,

My parents had one of those
You have to get the knife holder back in the exact place you had it to start with for a touch-up or you will have to start all over again.
That craps entirely too much like work. Every few months I might have to use a diamond hone. Other than that a few strokes on the ceramic sticks.

ericbc7

Bearcat
I had a summer job at Beatrice meats (swift turkeys) and was a left sided back skinner for most of the summer. I was quick but eventually the knives needed grinding. I carried 3 steels coarse to smooth and kept my neighbors knives close to sharp all day but grinding was required eventually. The green hats came by occasionally to take knives for sharpening, hollow grinding and whatnot.
get a belt grinder work sharp Ken onion grinder to sharpen all your knives.

Latest posts