Randall knife

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pulaski

Single-Sixer
Acquired a Randall knife at a local gunshow . Not an expert and seeking opinions .
Looks like a Smithsonian but it has a 14" blade .
Thanks , Steve

Attachments

• whole knife.jpg
    whole knife.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 150

krw

Blackhawk
If the handle is Ivory, it just went waaay up in $$$'s. Best place I hav found to price Randall's is by watching completed auctions on Ebay. Not sure if Ivory can be sold on there now. Nice Knife!!

pulaski

Single-Sixer
krw , it is an ivory handle . The blade length is 2" longer than a smithsonian bowie so I i'm not sure what I have .
Thanks , Steve

Good looking Randall! We used to have four here, but as we both age three have been passed on to our Niece and Nephews, passing them down and keeping in the family, another generation to use, love and enjoy as should happen. :)

pulaski

Single-Sixer
No sheath as it is 2"longer than normal .
Talked with Jason Randall , sent him a bunch of pics and he will talk with his dad as to when it was made
Looks like 60's
Thanks , Steve

pulaski

Single-Sixer
Talked with Jason Randall today . The knife is a smithsonian bowie with a brass spine , scalloped brass collar and butt cap and an ivory handle .
What makes it unique is the 14" blade (2" longer than normal) and the recessed tang nut . Built in 65 or 66 it is one of only 3 that has the longer than normal blade .
Now i just got to find a buyer , I'm not a knife guy (but this was too cool to not buy)
Thanks , Steve

RSIno1

Hunter
If the handle is Ivory, it just went waaay up in $$$'s. Best place I hav found to price Randall's is by watching completed auctions on Ebay. Not sure if Ivory can be sold on there now. Nice Knife!!
Some states and probably ebay have banned all ivory just because that's the easy out. I have a lot of carved Walrus and some Mastodon ivory that my parents collected while stationed in Alaska in WWII - legal to own but not old enough to sell. I think there was a 1970s date when all ivory importation became illegal (doesn't effect Alaskan items).
Under federal law, new ivory cannot be imported, exported or sold across state lines. Antique ivory can be sold with proper documentation proving that the item is an antique that is at least 100 years old.

Talked with Jason Randall today . The knife is a smithsonian bowie with a brass spine , scalloped brass collar and butt cap and an ivory handle .
What makes it unique is the 14" blade (2" longer than normal) and the recessed tang nut . Built in 65 or 66 it is one of only 3 that has the longer than normal blade .
Now i just got to find a buyer , I'm not a knife guy (but this was too cool to not buy)
Thanks , Steve
Thanks for posting the pictures. That knife is just so cool. Good luck selling it. I bet an auction house would be the way to go with that, just to get more exposure to potential buyers.

Where did you order this Randall from?
Direct from Randall. They are very pleasant to order from and speak with.

In fact, I have three knives on order. One is a graduation present for my daughter. I don't need it yet, so I called them and switched the production order of the three. Making the knife for my daughter's graduation arrive closer to the date of her finishing school.

As I said, they were easy to deal with and make this arrangement.

eveled

Hawkeye
Best way is to plan ahead and order early for major events. I ordered 1 for each of my kids for their high school graduation present.

$50 deposit locks in the price when you order. Usually the price goes up $20 each year. So in six years you get $100+ discount on the knife.

My sons graduation present.
IMG_2950.jpeg
IMG_2953.jpeg

@pulaski that knife in the OP is really special. Wow!

pulaski

Single-Sixer
Thanks eveled
I will be putting the knife on GB soon .
Someone who is a Randall collector needs this
Thanks , Steve

Latest posts