Spartan kabar knife

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Got this spartan blades fighting knife today, it is made for them by kabar. I really do like it. I'm comparing it to a couple of my other iconic kabars. It's in the middle.
20230601_113400.jpg
20230601_113237.jpg

I just got the Spartan Blade fighting knife yesterday, have been looking at the higher end Spartan Blade stuff but didn't want to buy & then have them not fit me. This one seemed to be a good test.

It is really well done, the scales don't seem to be injection plastic like I saw on the cut sheet? Seem to be a little better material, dunno but I can't complain. Another thing that stands out to me is the sheath, it obviously can't be hand made at the price point, but its really good and the locking mechanism was surprisingly easy to work and it keeps tension.

This is my first KaBar and first Spartan Blade, big props to both companies for their collaboration. Nice work.

I pulled the fabric drop leg off, I will throw a TekLok on it or have a taco kydex sheath made for it. Photo'ed next to a Carothers DEK1 as a companion piece for now.

A3e9PUl.jpg

Last edited:

g5m

Blackhawk
When I was a kid and WW2 was over there was a LOT of surplus around. I picked up a USMC Ka-Bar and still have it. It was well used. It's still my favorite knife and it's funny how just about all fixed blades that interest me are similar to it.

Latest posts