Is the trigger pull on the LC9S Pro the same as the LC9S?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Conservative

Blackhawk
Why do I ask?

I like to carry with one in the chamber. Much like I do with a Glock. I've been EDCing a Glock for over 2 decades without an ND. So, yes, I'm careful.

However, if the trigger pull of the LC9S is significantly less than the LC9S Pro, I'll leave the safety on, though if I need to use it in a hurry it's just one more thing to possibly get in the way of efficiency...

If the trigger pull is the same for both, I'll carry it like it's a Pro...

Anyone know?

Thanks!

s4s4u

Hunter
I'll leave the safety on, though if I need to use it in a hurry it's just one more thing to possibly get in the way of efficiency...

Should be a non-issue. The safety comes off when the gun clears leather. It is reflex from training.

Conservative

Blackhawk
s4s4u,

Thanks for your response, but it doesn't answer my question: Is the trigger pull the same between the LC9S and the LC9S Pro?

Does anyone here know?

Thanks!

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Conservative said:
s4s4u,

Thanks for your response, but it doesn't answer my question: Is the trigger pull the same between the LC9S and the LC9S Pro?

Does anyone here know?

Thanks!

Ruger states that trigger pull on all DA pistols is 9-15lbs from the factory. Either of yours will be somewhere in that range. I'd suggest getting them tested at a shop with the proper equipment to be more precise.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/service/faqs.html

s4s4u

Hunter
Conservative said:
s4s4u,

Does anyone here know?

Thanks!

The guns are the same but for the thumb safety, but there can be differences among individual samples. As said, best to go to the store and try before you buy.

woodsy

Blackhawk
The rental LC9s I tried had the same trigger pull and feel as the LC9sPro which I bought, and currently use.

Conservative

Blackhawk
woodsy,

Thank you for your input.

Some of us (perhaps a lot of us) are comfortable carrying with the safety off and no magazine disconnects.

That's of course why the 'Pro' came about.

I'll be contacting Ruger about the trigger pull difference/sameness issue with them regarding the LC9S vs. LC9S Pro.

Yes, I know I can find out otherwise, but I bought my LC9S at a LGS and their guys didn't know...or simply didn't want to say...

exavid

Hunter
I've tried both at a LGS and felt the trigger pull pretty much the same on both. I was going to replace my original LC9 with the S model but got such a good deal on a used 9pro that I went with that. I carry it with a round in the chamber same as I do with all my carry guns. One thing I insist on is a good holster. My LC9 rides in a DiSantis leather IWB holster. It's molded leather, very stiff and solid feeling. I do take plenty of care reholstering the pistol. I always make sure the holster is clear of clothing or anything that could catch the trigger. I reholster fairly slowly so I can feel if there's any restriction or resistance.

I was thinking the difference between the two LC9 pistols you are asking about is one has a safety and the other doesn't ... with that said, I would think both would have the same trigger pull approximately... my LC9s pro has about a 4.5lb pull. Very light and crips... As far as I can tell it is a Glock with a Ruger wrapper and a slightly lighter crisper pull.

exavid

Hunter
I concur. The only other difference I like is that the pro doesn't have a magazine safety either. I think the LC9s would be a better choice for someone who isn't used to handling pistols. The pro does require good handling especially in holstering. I really like my pro, it's much more easy to shoot accurately with the greatly improved trigger compared to the original LC9 that I carried since they first came out. For me the LC9 is one of the best carry guns for the money, accurate, RELIABLE, and easy to conceal.

CoyoteHunter_

Bearcat
exavid said:
I concur. The only other difference I like is that the pro doesn't have a magazine safety either. I think the LC9s would be a better choice for someone who isn't used to handling pistols. The pro does require good handling especially in holstering. I really like my pro, it's much more easy to shoot accurately with the greatly improved trigger compared to the original LC9 that I carried since they first came out. For me the LC9 is one of the best carry guns for the money, accurate, RELIABLE, and easy to conceal.

I have to agree. The LC9S Pro is what I carry every day. I carry it inside an uncle mikes pocket holster and then inside the pocket of my 5.11 holster vest. It's very comfortable and you would not know it's there until I pull it out. I carry my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in the other pocket of the 5.11 vest. And it's a pretty big smartphone screen size wise.

The trigger pull on the LC9S Pro is very crisp and I love it. It's as good as my Walther's PPQ M2 9 mm pistol's trigger. The Walther's shoots better for me as it's barrel is a little longer.

Conservative

Blackhawk
loaded round,

Thanks and I'm now going to do some further looking into this and see if I can find someone with a trigger pulling measuring device and compare it to my Glock 19, (supposedly, it's 3.5 lbs of pull, but never actually measured) which I've carried for years without a hiccup. If the Ruger is less than 3.5 lbs, than I will certainly use the safety, but if approximately the same or even a stronger pull than my Glock, off goes the safety.

loaded round

Hunter
Conservative said:
loaded round,

Thanks and I'm now going to do some further looking into this and see if I can find someone with a trigger pulling measuring device and compare it to my Glock 19, (supposedly, it's 3.5 lbs of pull, but never actually measured) which I've carried for years without a hiccup. If the Ruger is less than 3.5 lbs, than I will certainly use the safety, but if approximately the same or even a stronger pull than my Glock, off goes the safety.

Conservative:
I've been shooting now for over 45 years and I still can't see a safety on a striker fired pistol with a ''safety trigger''. That's why I didn't buy the Pro model, after all you don't see safety's on revolvers do you? JMHO!
LR