Single-Sixer
Open carry:
Hunting
Police officer
Military
Philadelphia lol

Ccw:
Walmart
Stores with no gun signs (in PA you will be asked to leave, not prosecuted)
My mom and dad's house lol

dhains1963

Single-Sixer
Seen it again yesterday. Guy comes into the store open carrying in a cheap nylon holster, probably an Uncle Mikes or such. Thin little strap holing it in. Don't know what pistol, might have been a SIG from the looks of the butt. The guy was oblivious to everything. I could have easily snatched the pistol from him.
I can't understand why people will pay good money for a handgun and carry them in a piece of crap holster.
They spent all their money on the gun! Some people will put off paying their bills to get another one. Sad.

dhains1963

Single-Sixer
Why didn't you? It would have learned him a good lesson.

I buy cheap holsters because 99% of their use is at the range to hold a gun so I don't have to put it on the ground.
Snatching the cun could be huge mistake, given some of us carry back up guns.

dhains1963

Single-Sixer
Cops do it all the time to open carriers.
"Federal appellate courts agree that where the open carrying of a firearm is a legal right, the exercise of that right, without more, does not permit police to stop the carrier and seize the firearm. One court observed that forcibly stopping a person openly carrying a weapon based on nothing more than the possibility that the person is safety risk is no different than stopping and searching a person for counterfeit bills based only on information that the person is carrying a wallet."

"Snatching" a person's gun from their holster would surely be prohibited.

dhains1963

Single-Sixer
In ca

In case you haven't noticed, the police do many things that they aren't supposed to do. I was once told by a cop, "I don't care if it is legal. I don't like so I'll cite you and you can take it to court and I'll get overtime."
Done with sharing common sense with individuals that just want to troll for negative reactions to their jibber jabber. Your right. All police snatch guns, don't obey the law. Really

I don't open carry unless I'm at a range. Otherwise it's concealed. Why would I advertise that I have a gun. Makes you vulnerable to attack/disarmed by multiple assailants.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
It's discreet concealed carry only for me...A few months ago, while grocery shopping with my wife, I saw a guy open carrying a 1911 who was bending over and digging around inside the refrigerated cheese case, and I thought to myself how easy it'd be for some lowlife to just take his weapon before he could do anything at all about it. On the way back home, my wife even mentioned she'd noticed it as well, and thought the exact same thing...NOT a good idea at all in my opinion.

RansV-Rex

Bearcat
I open carry when I am going hunting...that is the only time I do it. We normally go in and eat breakfast and then off to the stand, so I don't encounter a lot of people.

Bigbore5

Single-Sixer
In my area of NC open carry is so common nobody really pays any attention to it anymore. Every trip to Walmart I see multiple guys and occasionally women open carrying. I usually concealed carry myself, but it's very common to show now. Especially after the Trump years.

daveag.

Single-Sixer
Interesting views and opinions on this subject. The outdoor range I go to has a " No Conceal or holstered guns". Run by MDC. I like to carry a Blackhawk in the Bianchi flap ,,, left side, butt first. If a Security Six, far forward on right side, my arm over it. A cross draw , left side for my 1911's. But, to call names because I like to open carry, is not cool. Conceal carry needs to be loose clothing,, like bib overalls or Carhartts. My Wranglers fit too tight. I'm trying to loose weight, but it goes on easier than it comes off.