Ideas for Ruger...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sp327

Single-Sixer
A double action 22 with real adjustable sights ( a 5" sp101 with good sights)
A 480 blackhawk (Bisley)
Better quality control (before its to late)

texasjim2

Bearcat
I know it's not a revolver but I would like to see a p345 cut the barrel by 1/2" and the grip by one round ,about a half inch . Should be able to hold 8 rounds total and be a little more concealable with out sacraficing grip I could still get a full 3 finger grip on it I think it would be a real nice 8 round 45 for ccw jim

SilverGuns

Bearcat
Howdy.
Here's my first post on this forum:

What I'd like to see Ruger make is a Vaquero styled weapon but with modern self defense "accouterments."
Basically, a double action Vaquero with a swing-out cylinder. In the beloved .357 magnum caliber, of course.
A LOT of people are shooting these cowboy guns every weekend, why shouldn't all that practice transfer to the self defense arena?
From what I've read on this forum and a few others, many people are apprehensive about carrying their cowboy gun as a self defense tool mostly because of the reloading factor. Many, many examples of civilian firearm use have shown that very few shots were actually fired during an "occurrence" but yet we still feel the need for reloading. Admittedly, it would be comforting to be able to reload swiftly should the need arise.
I consider myself very fortunate that in the years that I've carried a sidearm I have yet to fire a single shot at an adversary, let alone thirty or more bullets....
Personally, I usually carry a full size 1911 with 8+1 in condition 1 and rarely take an additional mag. In the rare event that I may be out amongst the masses at night, then I'll carry an extra mag & a tacticool flashlight.

It'd be cool if it was set up for moon clips as well. :p

maxpress

Buckeye
welcome to the forum.

i think they already made it though. its called a speed/service six. i have a couple. rounded topstrap, swing out cylinder, .357, and almost the same size as the vaquero but double action. i just wish they would put it back into production.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
A NM Flattop in 45 C based on the 44 mag anniversary frame only in 4.6". It would seem to be obvious and likely a big seller.

SilverGuns

Bearcat
maxpress":265qgalt said:
welcome to the forum.

i think they already made it though. its called a speed/service six. i have a couple. rounded topstrap, swing out cylinder, .357, and almost the same size as the vaquero but double action. i just wish they would put it back into production.

Really?! Man, I'd love to see some pics of such a specimen!
I did a quick search here and found a .22 caliber for sale for nine hundred dollars. :shock:

Thanks for the salutations, Max. I'm glad I found this place while searching for info on the .357 Vaquero's w/ birdshead grips. (Just bought a brace!)

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
-5 or 6 shot 480 Ruger Extreme Blackhawk. It could also be offered in 454, and 50 Special (50 Ruger) for those that like it.

-5-6 shot Super Single Six in 327 Federal

-Redhawk with GP100/SRH lower, able to handle the Ruger only 45 Colt (also make it in 44 Mag for those that like it)

-Ruger Luger in 9mm (Modern design enhancements to the striker, and other internal changes, keep the outside the same)

-A Small DA kit gun revolver along the same lines as the Bearcat.

No internal locks on any of the above.

I believe that I could swing getting all of those in the first year. First two years at the most.

Charlie

gak

Buckeye
These may have been mentioned--probably by me!--but it's been a long thread:

+1 on a .327 (6 shot) Single Six--adjustable sights and Vaquerito.

.32-20/.327 Convertible in New Vaquero, including a "Montado" sized variant. If you've held the old .32 Mag convertible Vaquero, got to keep this one shorter--4-5/8" at most for me--but whaat a sweetie it would be.

Birdsheads in all Single Six and NV calibers/finishes/variants. Have been eyeing--and just saw--a USFA Double Eagle and fell in love with (well, as much as you can an inanimate object!) but can't abide the price. Not saying it aint worth it--I just can't!

maxpress

Buckeye
i will buy almost any DA .22 that ruger will get off there butts and make.

1st choice: bring back the sp101

2nd choice: LCR 8shot to compete with smith wesson

actually 1 and 2 would be a hard choice.

3rd choice: GP100 in a 9 shot

dream gun: 2 3/4 service six 10 shot

mattsbox99

Hunter
I'd be in line for a DA 22, but in a lightened GP and at least 6 holes in the cylinder.

The GP or Redhawk in .40/10mm and .41 Mag.

Finally a Redhawk in .45 ACP, the 4" barrel was a great step, but adding the .45 would be awesome.

REP1954

Blackhawk
My wish is a simple one but a worthy one. I wish for an aluminum option for the ej housings and grip frames on all the NM Blackhawk Flat Top models. And not with the new style anodizing please use the old style.

32magfan

Blackhawk
+1 for anything 327, especially Montados and convertibles.

I would simply like Ruger to make the SP101 with a 2" barrel in 327. About all the concealed carry options for this gun are for 2" format. Why do they only make it in 3"??? :roll:

+1 on bringing the Super Single Six back with adjustable sights in SS, 327 version would be excellent.

+1 on 44SPL GP-100

Also, a convertible 30 Carbine and 7.62x25 in stainless. :shock: Why not? Somebody needs to shoot up all that surplus Tokarev stuff.

32Magfan

maxpress

Buckeye
Just a thought but i dont think the .327 would get up to speed in a 2". i would sure like to see some chrono tests out of curiosity though.

CATTLEDAWG

Bearcat
I like that idea...I would like to see Ruger produce one in .410...or bigger...how 'bout a four shot, break-top, 12 ga...with a finger grooved Hogue Tamer on it...I know a lot of the guys on here don't care for 'em but the Taurus Judge series is as successful as most...I can't understand why other companies don't make their own, more improved version...

ap3130

Bearcat
I do not own one yet,I really like the look of the bearcat.I would like to see one in a different caliber perhaps .327.Maybe they could change it up with a longer or shorter barrel.I am not a big fan of it but some one out there might like to see 17HMR bear cat.How about a Flattop Single Six Convertable.What do you think?