Ideas for Ruger...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

nhlever

Bearcat
BlkHawk73":1phv1err said:
Knowing what is in the R&D stages...I'm good. :)

Don't listen to everything those Ruger guys that come in the Trading Post say. :D

Ray Newman

Blackhawk
My "want-to-see-offered" is relatively simple: blued NM Vaquero in .38-40.

But if I was dreaming, this might be interesting: a matched set of target revolvers, inc. a factory tune job to actions/triggers, along the lines of a GP 100 in .38 Specl and an identical .22 LR model. 'Sorta' like the old S&W M14 and M17.

surveyor47

Single-Sixer
Just my humble opinion, but I think that Ruger needs an in between frame size.

Between the GP100 and Super Redhawk, using the same lockwork.

Suitable for 41 Magnum, 45 Colt, 45ACP, 44 Special.

Lightened up enough so that a normal man can carry one without getting worn out.

NO PLASTIC!

NO LOCK!

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
I guess I'm old, but I'm certainly ready for the "tactical" fad to fade away. Nice wood, a return to beautiful bluing. Make sure handguns are lighter weight than rifles.....(thinking S&W.50 here) Factory guns so good you won't want(or need) to spend money on "tune-ups" or parts from Volquartsen, Clark, Timminy, etc. Maybe a Ruger "Custom Shop"........ to borrow the name.... and just maybe a Ruger lever action for those cowboy shooters.

tek4260

Buckeye
I agree. Blue and walnut. I don't think it would be wise for them to get into lever actions. Marlin has that covered and had for over 100 years.

kentdep

Single-Sixer
tomiswho":3ell7y2f said:
I.... and just maybe a Ruger lever action for those cowboy shooters.

How abouit an American, modern version (internally) Winchester 1873?

I think that would be the bees knees.

I think that a .357 and .44 Special flattop in stainless would sell very well too.

Bring the .32 h&R Super Single Six back in Stainless too. I like the idea of the .327 Blacakhwak but don't care for the wight. Maybe if it were done on the Flattop platform that would work.

Jay

surveyor47

Single-Sixer
kentdep":1b9xar3u said:
tomiswho":1b9xar3u said:
I.... and just maybe a Ruger lever action for those cowboy shooters.

How abouit an American, modern version (internally) Winchester 1873?

I think that would be the bees knees.

Jay

How about an updated and strengthened cross between the 1873 Winchester and the Henry lever action? The lockwork of the Henry is much too weak for modern cartridges, but the 1873 action has possibilities. The tube magazine of the Henry is actually pretty interesting. Just pull up the spring, lock it in place and twist. The magazine tube opens and you drop your cartridges down the tube. You dont have the blind magazine problem that other lever actions suffer from. With the Henry, you can look down the tube and see that it is empty.

In black powder competition the 44-40 Uberti Iron Frame Henry has proven extremely accurate. I dont know of anyone who has gotten the 45 Colt to shoot accurate enough to win matches. If I knew how to post a picture, I have one taken of an amazing target shot by a nationally rated shooter. Standing. Factory iron sights. 100 yards. 49 XX out of 50.

surveyor47

Single-Sixer
tomiswho":22x6le1i said:
I guess I'm old, but I'm certainly ready for the "tactical" fad to fade away. Nice wood, a return to beautiful bluing. Make sure handguns are lighter weight than rifles.....(thinking S&W.50 here) Factory guns so good you won't want(or need) to spend money on "tune-ups" or parts from Volquartsen, Clark, Timminy, etc. Maybe a Ruger "Custom Shop"........ to borrow the name.... and just maybe a Ruger lever action for those cowboy shooters.

Im with you on the tactical thing. Guns that look like an alligator? Yuck!

CATTLEDAWG

Bearcat
If you look at what Taurus and other companies have done in the last 20 years, I fear that Ruger will get crushed by the compatition if they don't start getting a little more aggressive with looking more towards the future and less at the past...the Hard-R line needs to be expanded...

yankee7809

Single-Sixer
When I close my eyes and think of "Ruger" I see a Blackhawk single action "whatever". Not a high cap semi automatic, not a plastic double action revolver. I think the powers that be at Ruger need to shower some love on the single action line that they are so closely linked to in a LOT of people's minds.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
CATTLEDAWG":2opsiv4y said:
If you look at what Taurus and other companies have done in the last 20 years, I fear that Ruger will get crushed by the compatition if they don't start getting a little more aggressive with looking more towards the future and less at the past...the Hard-R line needs to be expanded...
Yes, by all means, what the world needs is another ugly plastic pistol with teething issues, recalls, and no aftermarket support. But hey, it's a hi-cap and has a light rail! Cool!

-- Sam

maxpress

Buckeye
double action: i would like to see pistol calibers in the sp101 and gp100. be nice to have a 10mm glock, gp100 and blackhawk. course it would be nice to have your backup in the same caliber as your primary to.

single action: expand the convertables to the vaquero line and make a vaquero .44spl (i like vaqueros what can i say)