Here's the MK IV

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
r1LN9y.jpg

Giyg55.jpg

REP1954

Blackhawk
Okay enough with the tease, tell me more tell me everything. Kind of looks like something SW should have done with the Victory.

Cholo

Staff member
Let's see. It has an ambi safety, a new slide lock/release, and some sort of screw that appears to make removing the barrel from the receiver easier. I notice "Hunter" on it but can't see any mounting screws, maybe it's just the angle.

I wonder what internal changes they've made?

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Cholo said:
Let's see. It has an ambi safety, a new slide lock/release, and some sort of screw that appears to make removing the barrel from the receiver easier. I notice "Hunter" on it but can't see any mounting screws, maybe it's just the angle.

And the plunger under the bolt ears. ;)

contender

Ruger Guru
Folks, look closely,,, that receiver has a pivot point at the front of it for the receiver & barrel to tip upward. Easier field stripping,,,,!

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
BlkHawk73 said:
Cholo said:

And the plunger under the bolt ears. ;)

That "plunger" under the rear end of the bolt is the release to allow the upper to tilt forward. The latest "RENE" has the patent drawing depicted. The patent drawing has a different type trigger shown, rather than the normal looking trigger above. I don't think it's a TEASE, as the picture posted above has disappeared from the initial site that it was lifted from. Maybe the actual "prototype" will be unveiled at the 2017 Shot Show. Gonna be interesting to pull that thing apart and have a L@@K-See. The old version LCI is definitely gone, it was unsightly anyway. Wonder if the magazine disco parts are still on the right side of the hammer.

9x19

Hunter
Ah so that's what the Frankenstein bolt is for!?

No doubt a feature the coming generation will appreciate, but I've been taking them apart since the mid 70s so I don't need it. Losing the silly LCI is a good thing, but aesthetically, they couldn't have made it less appealing to me.

Pass

steamloco76

Single-Sixer
Double secret probation, the MARK IV will be released tomorrow, September 23rd, 2016.
The Hunter photo is of a real gun. Pushbutton receiver release, tilt up and remove upper, ambi safeties and the same mag release as the MKIII.
From the low res photo I was leaked, it looks like no stupid LCI either.

Hopefully the masses will trade in a bunch of Mark II and III pistols on these.

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
I wonder what this will do the the prices of the used Mark IIs and IIIs? I received a e-mail from Kygunco, they have a big sale on Mark IIIs going on right now. I would think Ruger would want to clean out the pipeline of Mark IIIs in a hurry, especially if the price of the Mark IV is cheaper (like that will happen)!

woodpuppy

Single-Sixer
Interesting. I never had the first problem reassembling the MKI/MKII series. Will never buy a MKIII. MKIV will have to really shine for me to care about it.

ditto1958

Blackhawk
The new gun is up on YouTube. Jeff Quinn of gunblast and 22 Plinkster both have them and have videos posted. This gun looks like a winner.

The new takedown procedure? Wow. Easy-peasy.