Here's the MK IV

Help Support Ruger Forum:

steamloco76

Single-Sixer
I have two MKII's and one MKIII (had 3 at one time). The MKIII has the TandemKross mag disconnect eliminator, LCI filler and a Volquartsen mainspring housing installed now, so I don't have a reason to buy the new MKIV any time soon. Now, what I will be looking for are a couple of the variants of the MKII to add to my stable at a good price.

The S&W Victory definitely forced Ruger into the new design. I was shopping the biggest gun shop in Pennsylvania one day and heard two salesmen talking about how many Ruger MKIII owners were buying S&W Victories and trying to trade their Rugers. Store only offers about 40% of resale value, so nobody except desperate folks trade.

jjas

Single-Sixer
I hope to see a mark IV in the 22/45 platform with an aluminum lower that will still use the mags out of the 22/45 mark III.

Chief

Single-Sixer
I wish they had hid the pivot pin better. It clearly does not need to be removed so why see it. I also would like to see a steel frame on the blued pistols. They can also get rid of that hideous polymer on the (hopefully) new 22/45.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Highstandardguy said:
Well Sonny, I can remember when you had to get a little danglie thing in juuuust the right place to put one of them Ruger 22s back together.
Yup. And when you did it just right, you felt GREAT and superior to those who couldn't do it! :lol:

Cholo

Staff member
I like it a lot! Not only the takedown, but the aluminum frame on the blue 5.5 Target. I weighed my blue 5.5 MK II at 42 oz. with a magazine. The MK IV is 35.6 oz. I can live with that! :mrgreen:

Barbarosa99

Single-Sixer
It looks like maybe someone will build a solid bolt and turn it into a single shot center fire pistol.it looks like there are possibilities.

charlies said:
When does someone need a reason for buying the new Mark. I'd buy one because I don't have one.

Yep, I get that. Never thought any of the autos were rocket science to field strip. Funny too, as much as I am not intimidated with disassembling any of these guns, I now seldom do. They just don't need to be taken apart as often as I used to do it.

So, as little as I really need one of these MkIV's, I'll eventually have one, just to have one.

And I hope they are another winner for Ruger. And I hope a bunch of less gun-savvy folks will buy these to get their foot in the door, and become the gun-savvy folks of the future.

WAYNO.

ranger1

Buckeye
One of my local gun shops is already showing the new MK IV in stock. :D

http://arnzenarms.com/catalog-search?search_api_views_fulltext=ruger+.22++mark+IV

woodpuppy

Single-Sixer
The more I see of it, the more I like it! The 5.5" stainless version is pretty slick. The blued one is pretty cool too. Now VZ Grips needs to start making grips for them.

5of7

Hunter
I got on Ruger's web site and downloaded the manual for the Mk IV. It was enough to convince me to buy one when it becomes available from one of my suppliers.

NixieTube

Blackhawk
Looks like Ruger decided to up its game to compete with the new S&W Victory. I like both of them but unfortunately I probably will never be able to buy either of them. And some of you guys are complaining? Cry me a river. :roll: It looks to me like Ruger made a few changes that eliminate the most common gripes of these pistols while preserving the rest of the good stuff.

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
Dayum, just when I got my MkIIIs the way I want them. Am I going to end up with a MkVI, more than likely but I'll keep on shooting my MkII I/II. On the bight side, used MkIIIs will be cheap and I can convert them to MkII I/II :mrgreen: ..................................

chet15

Hawkeye
Handled two of the WBR1 serial numbered Hunters at the DSM gun show yesterday. Definitely a winner, but the retail was jacked up again. Not sure how that will make it more competitive with the S&W...but I don't see a big difference there. Time will tell.
Oh yes...pushed the button just to see. Yes...pretty slick. Have to have the magazine in, thenline the bolt stop pin back up with the inserted bolt, give a good squeeze on the rear of the receiver into the grip frame and click...you're back in business.
Chet15