Here's the MK IV

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cholo

Staff member
GunBlast: www.youtube.com/watch?v=bElU5v1eApY

It has the magazine disconnect; I figured it would. It takes MKlll magazines. Check the disassembly procedure at the 4:40 mark :shock:

Looks like a winner to me! :)

dingode

Single-Sixer
The hunter has a 1 piece stainless frame and the target is a 1 piece aluminum frame If I remember correctly from the video. They must have redesigned the mag safety, it's still there I guess, but the mag pops right out on Plinksters video. No LCI either and Plinkster said the trigger was improved also.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Read the stories of folks taking a disassembled MK in a box to a gunsmith, so I've been afraid to try it on my MK II. NIB 50th, the skipping grease has become quite viscous. This MKIV is going on the want list.

ditto1958

Blackhawk
dingode said:
The hunter has a 1 piece stainless frame and the target is a 1 piece aluminum frame If I remember correctly from the video. They must have redesigned the mag safety, it's still there I guess, but the mag pops right out on Plinksters video. No LCI either and Plinkster said the trigger was improved also.

According to Ruger's website, the SS target model also has a SS frame. The blued Target has an aluminum frame. There is quite a difference in weight between the blue and SS models.

hittman

Staff member
Oh, I think this gun will do well, especially with the age 20 to 40 crowd who've heard all the horror stories of near-impossible disassembly.

Attracting new customers is as important as satisfying current customers. Wouldn't trade any of my MKII's for one but I'll sure give it a look.

Edit to add:

Now that I've watched most of Jeff's video, I'll definitely look for one of these at the local store.

CaptBullets

Bearcat
As a lefty, I like that Ruger added the ambidextrous safety. That almost more than the new takedown system is a compelling reason for me to buy one.

Brian

woodpuppy

Single-Sixer
I've never used the safety on a Ruger auto. In part because they're such a pain in the neck to use. In part because I'm either shooting it, or its empty.

jjas

Single-Sixer
I think there are some good ideas with this pistol. Will I purchase one?

Probably....after they've been on the market for a while and any issues it may have show themselves.

I agree with hittman. Those that have had the MKII and earlier versions for sometime will frown on this. Those that started with a MKIII will be thrilled.

I recently bought a Smith Victory. I have about 300 rounds down the tube and it have had no incidents, and it is accurate. I like being able to go from red dot to iron sights.

I will probably buy a MKIV in the target model. I like that they are drilled and tapped as well.

Cordite

Single-Sixer
Looks like a winner for Ruger. The reassembly procedure was always the biggest beef people have with the Mark series and this fixes the issue. Losing the LCI (dirt trap) was a good move as well.

That being said it will be a while for I buy one as I have a Mk III Comp with a VQ trigger / sear and the LCI / mag disco removed. Works great and I actually manage to reassemble it after cleaning. Getting rid of the mag disco helps with the reassembly procedure for those who do not know already.

Cordite

Cordite

Single-Sixer
Blkhawk73,

Since the Mark IV has a magazine disconnect do you know if Ruger carried over the Mark III hammer to the Mark IV? I was wondering if the Mark III replacement hammer bushing solution to allow for removal of the mag disconnect would also work for the Mark IV.

Cordite

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
I never cared for the Mk3 and have had Mk2's for ages. I do take down the Mk2's and although its a pain and I dont really enjoy it , I do it once in a blue moon to clean them. I for one like the idea of the Mk4 and will be looking into one but wont be selling any of my Mk2's.

I see they are drilled and tapped. I assume the same pattern is used on the Mk4 that has been used on all the Mk pistols that come from the factory d&t'ed?

ranger1

Buckeye
ditto1958 said:
The new gun is up on YouTube. Jeff Quinn of gunblast and 22 Plinkster both have them and have videos posted. This gun looks like a winner.

The new takedown procedure? Wow. Easy-peasy.

Here's .22 Plinkster's review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqbiyPMA7CE

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
We all hate change,but that looks nice no plastic crap and that ease to clean won't hurt.
SO far i like what i see. hope to here it is a keeper.about time something new is nice in the gun world today. to much plastic and things you would never hand down to your kit.Like a 3 screw flat gate of 2

RandyP

Bearcat
I'll gladly turn in my MK III and some cash to get the new MK IV - Looks easier to take down and clean than a revolver - lol