Here's the MK IV

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Chet15 ....

Any guess on what the street price would be on some of these?

CraigC

Hawkeye
Looks good to me! I don't know why anyone would think Ruger needed to do anything to compete with the Victory. The burden is on S&W.

CraigC said:
Looks good to me! I don't know why anyone would think Ruger needed to do anything to compete with the Victory. The burden is on S&W.

Yep. This.

The Ruger needs not compare itself to anything. A heavy, stout little gun, severely overbuilt, but it gets a bad rap from the girly boys who never had a stay at home mom to teach them how to take guns apart. :mrgreen: And for those fellers, scrub it out with a toothbrush once in a while, and you'd never have to take it apart anyway. :wink:

WAYNO.

CoyoteHunter_

Bearcat
The guy next to me at the shooting range Sunday was shooting one of these. He said it was a new Ruger Gun. But since it was a 22 cal I really didn't pay much attention to him or his gun. He did show me how easy it was to take it apart and get the barrel off. That was pretty impressive to me. I'm not much on 22 guns. I've shot 22 guns ever since I was a little kid. But I won't buy one of them due to the ammo shortages that we have had the last few years. Now I know that ammo is a lot easier to get now and it's price has come back down. But I fear that way too many people shoot 22 guns and eat up all the ammo. I've seen guys sitting at the range shooting for 3 hours using 22 ammo guns. While ten other people waited in line to shoot on a Sunday at the State's Free Rifle Range. Why to people shoot rifles at the 25 yard range when there are three other ranges open to shoot rifles. This range has a 25 yard range, a 50 yard range, a 100 yard range and a 200 yard ranges. But everyone stacks up shooting their little 22 rifles at the shortest range. There is no true pistol range at this facility. But on the weekends this range is packed full of people waiting to shoot. I had to wait an hour or longer before I got to shoot my gun. I took about 45 minutes to do all my shooting and then let other people take m place before the range closed down.

TomV

Bearcat
at $10 this is much cheaper than a new pistol, and makes reinstallation of the hammer mainspring assembly quick, easy, and correct every time:
HammerStrutSupport.com

hognfrog

Bearcat
I bought one online 2 days after their release and paid $604 shipped to my FFL. Would have been a little cheaper, but I had to use a CC to purchase. I found it heavier than I expected, fit and finish are great. The edges on the fluted barrel are actually sharp.
Haven't fired it yet, but looking forward to trying it out. I have owned many weapons made by Ruger, I own a MK I but skipped all the other MK pistols until this one. My FFL had an extra rail which he gave me, but I want to shoot it as is before I decide if I want optics on it.