GP100 3" Adjustable Sights 357 PINTO

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eveled

Hawkeye
First pinto, I seen that I liked. Usually not a fan, but you pulled it off. Nicely done.

I've always wanted a set of grips that make a GP, look like a Security six, but haven't been able to justify the price, of the Eagles, but they do look nice.

I keep saying some day I'll make a set of my own, but have never gotten to it.

dbarale

Obsolete
whichwatch said:

That's not "Yuck".

THIS is Yuck.

IMG_0225_zpscc2oyfaq.jpg

Rossi 68, mostly.
Bought this one as refinishing project as I wanted to try parkerizing. I got it on gunbroker for $65 as "great mechanical condition, some pitting." Well, not quite. One of the timing notches was so rusted out that the cylinder was trashed. Sending it back was not an option so it sat untouched on the bench for two years.
I recently got tired of looking at it and got a cylinder on ebay for $20. Of course I had to fit it (and the crane) to the frame to get proper timing.
I then said "F... it" and just painted it with Rustoleom "Appliance Epoxy", cold blued the trigger and hammer, and put it back together to achieve this masterpiece.
Yes, it shoots wonderfully. Go figure...

Kyhunt

Single-Sixer
I don't usually gat into two tone revolvers but that is beautiful.The gp100 not the Rossi.

I personally don't care for the shiny treatments, but otherwise I really like what you've done on this revolver. If it was all dark or cerakoted it would make a wonderful packing pistol for me.

nice work!

Waveform

Bearcat
greenmtnguy said:
I personally don't care for the shiny treatments, but otherwise I really like what you've done on this revolver. If it was all dark or cerakoted it would make a wonderful packing pistol for me.

nice work!
OK greenmtnguy - I made this one just for you.

:mrgreen:

Waveform

Bearcat
Thanks for the nice comments folks. Thread got off to a rocky start but recovered. I appreciate the kindness. I know this look is not everybody's cup of tea and thankfully we have choices in what we like and we don't all have to like the same stuff. I happen to like some pinto looks (some I don't) and this was a good challenge for my Cerakote abilities. It's an interesting product. I've put 400 rounds through the revolver pictured above (the all black GP100) and there is still no turn ring on the cylinder at all. This is some tough stuff.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Beautiful ! Congrats !

My first choice would be bead blasted where yours is highly polished, and cerakoted as it is ... That way you'd have the same contrast, but the textures would be similar.

I'd like to see one like that, as it would be more practical and easier to maintain, but still look great.

REV

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
I DO like Pintos. I just can't wrap my mind around the half and half on the bbl itself. All bright bbl would have been cool.

Flatbush

Single-Sixer
Wave, the revolver that you I guess Cerakoted, was that difficult to do?
Is that expensive to have done?

Your revolver reminds me of the Wylie Clapp model 1753. The Cerokote would I guess be a lot more durable finish-wise.

Great idea there- very cool!

Flatbush