Firing Pin Groove

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Maybe a dumb question. Just purchased a star model stainless Single Six. I noticed in the groove there is a nylon ring. Would this have been removed before firing, or left in place. Didn't see anything in the manual about removing it.

Star.jpg
Star1.jpg
Star2.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
I would also make that scarce gun a safe queen. It is worth more than a shooter.
With the plastic ring still in the rear of the cylinder, chances are that gun was never fired outside of the factory.
Not only is the KS-6 a scarce model, you also have a condition rarity. I'd find another one to shoot.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
I've got plenty of others, I don't intend to shoot it. Any idea how uncommon they are?
The star models were made for one year only, 1975. The 9-1/2" stainless star is probably the scarcest along with the 4-5/8" stainless star, but honestly, those two stick out like sore thumbs Ruger never cataloged those two barrel lengths in stainless except for late 1974 to 1975. So collectors pick up on them instantly... you see them quite often actually. They probably made quite a few more of your KS6 along with the KS5, but they are conditional rarities since nobody really saved them at the time... not unique enough like the 4-5/8" and 9-1/2.
The rarest of all the 1975 star models is the blue 4-5/8" S4. There are maybe only 15 or so of those known. Again... a rarity as well as condition rarity, nobody saved/collected them at the time.
I.M.O.... your gun should be worth double a normal KNR6 convertible, especially NIB like that.
Chet15

The star models were made for one year only, 1975. The 9-1/2" stainless star is probably the scarcest along with the 4-5/8" stainless star, but honestly, those two stick out like sore thumbs Ruger never cataloged those two barrel lengths in stainless except for late 1974 to 1975. So collectors pick up on them instantly... you see them quite often actually. They probably made quite a few more of your KS6 along with the KS5, but they are conditional rarities since nobody really saved them at the time... not unique enough like the 4-5/8" and 9-1/2.
The rarest of all the 1975 star models is the blue 4-5/8" S4. There are maybe only 15 or so of those known. Again... a rarity as well as condition rarity, nobody saved/collected them at the time.
I.M.O.... your gun should be worth double a normal KNR6 convertible, especially NIB like that.
Chet15
Thanks for the information. There are a lot of rare Rugers out there. I've had a streak going lately. Things keep turning up.

Latest posts