Stuck Bolt Stop Pin

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bear007

Bearcat
I came home a few days ago with a new Collector's Series 10/22 #31191, it's a beautiful rifle. I was a little surprised to find that all the rear sight attachment and adjustment screws were completely loose as was the barrel flash hider. No biggie, tightened and adjusted everything during it's pre-cleaning. During this cleaning I discovered I can not get the bolt stop pin to budge. I have used significant force but it won't move. I know the bolt stop pin shouldn't be this hard to remove but it is. Everything else disassembled and reassembled just fine. So I took it to the range for it's 1st 100 rounds thinking that might loosen the pin and tried to remove the bolt stop pin again, no go.

Not sure about using heat with the finish on the receiver. I would appreciate any thoughts or tool ideas you may have for removing this pin without damaging the finish.

Thanks
10-22 20240116_112409.jpg

bear007

Bearcat
Maybe I'll try some penetrating oil 1st. I am a little skeptical about using heat, I'm not sure about the finish on the receiver.

bear007

Bearcat
The stop bolt pin is finally out. It took a considerable blow and did leave a little mark on the receiver on the opposite side sitting on the rubber covered block.

On another note, the magazine latch pivot in falls out as soon as I take the stock off and of course the latch drops out of the trigger assembly.

Just things that are new to me as this is my 1st 10/22.

Latest posts