Does anyone else question some of the claims on this forum?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
This thread has the potential to get a little ugly guys and I know most of it is just lighthearted fun. :) . I tell people that this is one of the friendliest boards I visit and its true! I hope we can keep it that way.

I would bet that a good portion of the serious statements made here are true but with any GUY conversation, and those on the net, common sense should prevail.

I personally don't shoot near as much as I'd like :( . I wish I had the time to shoot more and I have plenty of room outside my back door :D

Pal Val

Buckeye
This thread reminds me of the story about the guy who died and got stopped by St Peter right at the Pearly Gates. St Peter told him - "Sorry, but I have you down in the book for telling a lot of lies." The guy replied - "Oh, c'mon, St Peter, give me a break! You were a fisherman too."

dacaur

Single-Sixer
Flash":287i62ki said:
I find it extremely hard to believe that someone has fired 1,000,000 rounds since it equates to 100 rounds per day for 30 years but it's just my opinion. :roll:

You are almost 100k off there... 100 rounds a day for 30 years would be 1,095,000 rounds, we,, if you count leap years i guess its really 1,087,500... But thats not the point im trying to make,

Yea 100 rounds a day sounds silly when you say it that way, but if you have a 55 year old that started shooting when he was 12, thats only 23,255 rounds a year, or less than a brick a week.... Maybe he doesn't shoot anything some weeks, maybe he shoots 4 or 5 bricks some weeks.... I shoot a brick every three weeks, because thats all I can get out to do... If I could step out my back door and shoot I KNOW I would shoot at least a brick a week....

noquarter

Single-Sixer
john lee":12gvcgxs said:
Once again someone posts that they have shot over a million rounds through their 10.22, That would mean at least 20,000 boxes of .22 shells. I'm now old enough (63) to question what I read, even on this website. However with that said, I never shot a rabbit unless I could hit it in the eye at full run - both me and the rabbit.

In opposite directions? That took a while to get right.

toysoldier

Hunter
I have always prided myself as an honest man, and made ceertain that what I said or wrote, if not the whole truth, was at least factual. In recent years, however, I find that I am somewhat more willing to "rearrange" events or "shade" a story to improve it. Not from any intention to deceive, but rather to entertain. May God have mercy on my soul.

So, how many posts does this make? :D

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
jmfc606":3o8phd7i said:
Pretty soon the rulers are going to come out and the measuring is gonna start!

Hi,

If a ruler will do, you don't stand a chance! Even a yardstick's a bit short judging by some of the stuff I've heard over the years. Don't recall if any of it was here, though... ;)

Rick C

jmfc606

Single-Sixer
Rick,

I think you might have misunderstood my joke. The ruler bit had to do with all the testosterone coursing through this thread. The Ruler was for measuring "Manhood" so to speak. I do agree a yardstick would not be sufficeint for the manure ( BS ) portion of the measuring. No offense to anyone on this thread or forum, if you shoot one million or 500,000 rounds per year then more power to ya! I don't even have to drive anywhere to shoot and if I avereaged 1000 rds per month it would be alot

chriskm

Bearcat
yep, i know what you guys are talking about. i bought a used mark 2,that the barrel was shot out of. people kept telling me this was impossible, but the gun sucked, it got sold. bought a new one and it shot great.......
when someone tells me what's going on ,i take them for their word.
just because i have never seen it, doesn't mean it didn't happen!LOL

DMN

Bearcat
southpaw13":39gwoyhu said:
Thread Killer= Now that I have made a post to this thread it will die out and we can all get back to Rugers :)

Are you making the "claim" that your posts kill threads? What's the BIGGEST thread that you killed? :lol:

protoolman

Service-Sixer
A bit off topic but I personally know one famous gunwriter who publishes books on bullet casting and shooting as well as a monthly column that is in my opinion a big fraud. The guy is a good writer so people believe him. In real life face to face at the range he can't shoot to save his life, casts bullets that look like heck and loves looking at all his expensive guns way more than likes to shoot them. In addition he gives advice and writes on "the best bullets " for whatever game, yet I don't believe hes purchased a hunting license in the whole time I've known him! I'm betting 95 percent of you all on the forum would make him look like a beginner both in shooting and firearms knowlege. I personally would never call someone a liar when it comes to their shooting claims but I sure like to see some things first hand. When some of the more outrageous claims are made I just smile and mind my own business.

Snake45

Hawkeye
protoolman":22rxgnct said:
A bit off topic but I personally know one famous gunwriter who publishes books on bullet casting and shooting as well as a monthly column that is in my opinion a big fraud. The guy is a good writer so people believe him. In real life face to face at the range he can't shoot to save his life, casts bullets that look like heck and loves looking at all his expensive guns way more than likes to shoot them. In addition he gives advice and writes on "the best bullets " for whatever game, yet I don't believe hes purchased a hunting license in the whole time I've known him! I'm betting 95 percent of you all on the forum would make him look like a beginner both in shooting and firearms knowlege. I personally would never call someone a liar when it comes to their shooting claims but I sure like to see some things first hand. When some of the more outrageous claims are made I just smile and mind my own business.
Well, now we're all curious, of course.... :?

I doubt this is Taffin. I'm not a big Taffin fan as he seems to prefer a type of gun and shooting that I have little interest in. BUT I will say that every time he has tested and reported on a gun that I have firsthand knowledge of and experience with, the group sizes he reports are almost identical to the groups I get with the same gun--they're so close it's uncanny. So when he says he shot such and such size groups with this or that gun, I believe him! :wink:

southpaw13

Bearcat
[/quote]Are you making the "claim" that your posts kill threads? What's the BIGGEST thread that you killed? :lol:[/quote]

It was this one until you posted :D

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
southpaw13":1mo6d082 said:
Thread Killer= Now that I have made a post to this thread it will die out and we can all get back to Rugers :)
Southpaw ... I used to think that I was pretty good at killing posts as well, but a quick check shows that it's been 38 posts since I killed one (can't even do that right anymore ... getting old is a B***h :( :cry: :) :lol:)

B.Roberts

Single-Sixer
This was one of the most entertaining threads I have ever read, thanks guys. I wish I could shoot and practice as much as some of you do. Four kids and a currently struggling carpentry business doesn't allow for shooting 10's of thousands of rounds a year. I still own my very first handgun that I bought when I was twelve. That mkII target has been with me going on 23 years now. Just for grins, it would be interesting to know how many rounds I have shot through it, but I really have no idea. 10-50 thousand? :D

MK111

Bearcat
I have been gone for awhile. I seen this post and read couple pages. It is amazing what people will post for the whole world to see.

My dad gave me two quotes to remember and live my life by.

1. The first lier never wins a story.

2. Believe nothing you hear him say and only half of what you see him do.

It seems to work.